Will “Biodiesel Division Manager” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Define, plan, or execute biofuels/biodiesel research programs that evaluate alternative feedstock and process technologies with near-term commercial potential.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 11-9041.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Biofuels/Biodiesel Technology and Product Development Managers”.
Also Known As…
- Biofuels/Biodiesel Technology and Product Development Managers
- Senior Research Scientist
- Senior Research Associate
- Project Development Director
- Manager of Business Development and New Technology
- Laboratory Manager (Lab Manager)
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Biofuels Manager
- Analytical Research Program Manager
- Separations Scientist
- Research Associate
- Product Scientist
- Product Applications Scientist
- Fermentation Scientist
- Fermentation Manager
- Biofuels Technology Manager
- Biofuels Technology Development Manager
- Biofuels Research Scientist
- Biofuels Product Manager
- Biofuels Product Development Manager
- Biofuels Engineering Manager
- Biodiesel Technology Manager
- Biodiesel Technology Development Manager
- Biodiesel Product Manager
- Biodiesel Product Development Manager
- Biodiesel Engineering Manager
- Biodiesel Division Manager
Tasks for “Biodiesel Division Manager”
- Prepare biofuels research and development reports for senior management or technical professionals.
- Develop lab scale models of industrial scale processes, such as fermentation.
- Develop methods to estimate the efficiency of biomass pretreatments.
- Conduct experiments to test new or alternate feedstock fermentation processes.
- Design or conduct applied biodiesel or biofuels research projects on topics such as transport, thermodynamics, mixing, filtration, distillation, fermentation, extraction, and separation.
- Develop carbohydrates arrays and associated methods for screening enzymes involved in biomass conversion.
- Perform protein functional analysis and engineering for processing of feedstock and creation of biofuels.
- Develop separation processes to recover biofuels.
- Design chemical conversion processes, such as etherification, esterification, interesterification, transesterification, distillation, hydrogenation, oxidation or reduction of fats and oils, and vegetable oil refining.
- Oversee biodiesel/biofuels prototyping or development projects.
- Provide technical or scientific guidance to technical staff in the conduct of biofuels research or development.
- Design or execute solvent or product recovery experiments in laboratory or field settings.
- Conduct experiments on biomass or pretreatment technologies.
- Conduct research to breed or develop energy crops with improved biomass yield, environmental adaptability, pest resistance, production efficiency, bioprocessing characteristics, or reduced environmental impacts.
- Develop computational tools or approaches to improve biofuels research and development activities.
- Analyze data from biofuels studies, such as fluid dynamics, water treatments, or solvent extraction and recovery processes.
- Develop methods to recover ethanol or other fuels from complex bioreactor liquid and gas streams.
- Propose new biofuels products, processes, technologies or applications based on findings from applied biofuels or biomass research projects.
- Prepare, or oversee the preparation of, experimental plans for biofuels research or development.
Related Technology & Tools
- Absorption equipment
- Safety gloves
- Polymerase chain reaction PCR equipment
- Personal computers
- Biosafety cabinets
- pH indicators
- High pressure liquid chromatographs HPLC
- Level indicators
- Laptop computers
- Gas chromatographs GC
- Desktop computers
- Extraction equipment
- Glass flasks
- Top-loading autoclaves
- Gas chromatograph mass spectrometers GC-MS
- Dissolved oxygen monitors
- Flow indicators
- Pressure indicators
- Inverted compound microscopes
- Distillation equipment
- Mass spectrometers
- Safety glasses
- Forced convection incubators
- Gel electrophoresis equipment
- Orbital incubating shakers
- Temperature probes
- Fermentation systems
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- GE Energy GateCycle
- Agilent ChemStation
- Microsoft Word
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Excel
- Email software
- Fleet Asset Management and Optimization Solutions FAMOS PEPSE
- Microsoft Project