Will “Mail Delivery Supervisor” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
75% Chance of Automation
“Mail Delivery Supervisor” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #409 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Plan, direct, or coordinate operational, administrative, management, and supportive services of a U.S. post office; or coordinate activities of workers engaged in postal and related work in assigned post office.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 11-9131.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 71,980.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 34.00
- Currently, there are 14,720 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Postmasters and Mail Superintendents”.
Also Known As…
- Postmasters and Mail Superintendents
- Remote Encoding Operations Supervisor
- Remote Encoding Center Manager
- Postmaster Relief (PMR)
- Postal Supervisor
- Distribution Operations Supervisor
- Distribution Operations Manager
- Distribution Operation Supervisor (SDO)
- Delivery Supervisor
- Station Superintendent
- Station Manager
- Service Delivery Supervisor
- Postal Superintendent
- Postal Service Sectional Center Manager
- Order to Delivery Supervisor
- Operations Supervisor
- Mail Superintendent
- Mail Delivery Supervisor
Tasks for “Mail Delivery Supervisor”
- Confer with suppliers to obtain bids for proposed purchases and to requisition supplies, disbursing funds according to federal regulations.
- Negotiate labor disputes.
- Prepare and submit detailed and summary reports of post office activities to designated supervisors.
- Hire and train employees, and evaluate their performance.
- Direct and coordinate operational, management, and supportive services of one or a number of postal facilities.
- Prepare employee work schedules.
- Issue and cash money orders.
- Monitor employees' work schedules and attendance for payroll purposes.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Organize and supervise activities such as the processing of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Inform the public of available services, and of postal laws and regulations.
- Select and train postmasters and managers of associate postal units.
- Collect rents for post office boxes.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Mail sorting equipment
- Computer data input scanners
- Video monitoring systems
- Time clocks
- Security alarm systems
- Point of sale POS computer terminals
- Multiline telephone systems
- Postage meters
- Digital postal scales
- Measuring tapes
- Mail delivery trucks
- Postage validation imprinters
- Electronic cash registers
- Date stamps
- Tablet computers
- Postage canceling machines
- Credit card machines
- Barcode scanners
- Warning flares
- Computer laser printers
- Point of sale POS software
- Postal tracking software
- Web browser software
- Payroll software
- Web Box Activity Tracing System WebBATS
- Personnel scheduling software
- Collection Point Management System CPMS
- Facility database software
- Postal boundary mapping software
- Personnel management software
- Vehicle management software
- Microsoft Office
- Email software
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word