Will “Logistics Vice President” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
1.2% Chance of Automation
“Logistics Vice President” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #55 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Analyze and coordinate the logistical functions of a firm or organization. Responsible for the entire life cycle of a product, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, and final disposal of resources.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1081.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 77,810.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 37.00
- Currently, there are 146,060 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Logisticians”.
Also Known As…
- Supportability Engineer
- Supervisory Supply Management Specialist
- Program Manager
- Production Planner
- Operations Vice President
- Logistics Team Lead
- Logistics Director
- Client Services Administrator
- Supply Technician
- Supply Chain Specialist
- Procurement Specialist
- Procurement Analyst
- Logistics Vice President
- Logistics Technician
- Logistics Supervisor
- Logistics Specialist
- Logistics Planner
- Logistics Coordinator
- Inventory Analyst
- Automated Logistics Specialist
- Acquisition Analyst
Tasks for “Logistics Vice President”
- Participate in the assessment and review of design alternatives and design change proposal impacts.
- Manage subcontractor activities, reviewing proposals, developing performance specifications, and serving as liaisons between subcontractors and organizations.
- Direct availability and allocation of materials, supplies, and finished products.
- Manage the logistical aspects of product life cycles, including coordination or provisioning of samples, and the minimization of obsolescence.
- Review logistics performance with customers against targets, benchmarks, and service agreements.
- Perform managerial duties such as hiring and training employees and overseeing facility needs or requirements.
- Report project plans, progress, and results.
- Develop an understanding of customers' needs and take actions to ensure that such needs are met.
- Perform system lifecycle cost analysis and develop component studies.
- Provide project management services, including the provision and analysis of technical data.
- Develop proposals that include documentation for estimates.
- Redesign the movement of goods to maximize value and minimize costs.
- Direct and support the compilation and analysis of technical source data necessary for product development.
- Stay informed of logistics technology advances and apply appropriate technology to improve logistics processes.
- Develop and implement technical project management tools, such as plans, schedules, and responsibility and compliance matrices.
- Collaborate with other departments as necessary to meet customer requirements, to take advantage of sales opportunities or, in the case of shortages, to minimize negative impacts on a business.
- Protect and control proprietary materials.
- Support the development of training materials and technical manuals.
- Plan, organize, and execute logistics support activities such as maintenance planning, repair analysis, and test equipment recommendations.
- Explain proposed solutions to customers, management, or other interested parties through written proposals and oral presentations.
- Direct team activities, establishing task priorities, scheduling and tracking work assignments, providing guidance, and ensuring the availability of resources.
- Maintain and develop positive business relationships with a customer's key personnel involved in, or directly relevant to, a logistics activity.
Related Technology & Tools
- Liquid crystal display LCD video projectors
- Universal serial bus USB flash drives
- Teradyne Catalyst
- Personal computer platforms
- Workstation platforms
- Teradyne J750 testers
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers
- Warehouse management system WMS
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Access
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Order management software
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Purchasing software
- Microsoft Visio
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- RedPrairie E2e
- Customer relationship management CRM software
- Radio frequency identification RFID software
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Office
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Excel
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft Project