Will “Management and Budget Analyst” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
94% Chance of Automation
“Management and Budget Analyst” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #594 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations. Analyze budgeting and accounting reports.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-2031.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 77,170.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 37.00
- Currently, there are 54,700 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Budget Analysts”.
Also Known As…
- Budget Analysts
- Staff Analyst
- Policy Analyst
- Financial Services Officer
- Cost Accountant
- Budget Officer
- Budget Coordinator
- Budget Analyst
- Accounting Supervisor
- Program Analyst
- Management and Budget Analyst
- Fiscal Officer
- Fiscal Agent
- Cost Analyst
- Budget Examiner
- Budget Engineer
Tasks for “Management and Budget Analyst”
- Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Direct the preparation of regular and special budget reports.
- Match appropriations for specific programs with appropriations for broader programs, including items for emergency funds.
- Testify before examining and fund-granting authorities, clarifying and promoting the proposed budgets.
- Compile and analyze accounting records and other data to determine the financial resources required to implement a program.
- Seek new ways to improve efficiency and increase profits.
- Interpret budget directives and establish policies for carrying out directives.
- Consult with managers to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with program changes.
- Summarize budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or disapproval of funds requests.
- Analyze monthly department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls.
- Review operating budgets to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
- Provide advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation.
- Perform cost-benefit analyses to compare operating programs, review financial requests, or explore alternative financing methods.
Related Technology & Tools
- Notebook computers
- Personal computers
- Laser printers
- Desktop computers
- IBM Cognos Business Intelligence
- Oracle PeopleSoft Financials
- Human resources management system HRMS
- Ultimate Software UltiPro Workplace
- Microsoft FRx
- Microsoft Visual Basic.NET
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Access
- Budgeting, forecasting, and planning software
- Valiant Vantage
- Microsoft Office
- Email software
- Deltek Costpoint
- Satori Group proCube
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Hyperion Enterprise
- Sage ERP Accpac
- Sage MAS 200 ERP
- Relational database software
- Adaptive Planning
- Word processing software
- Fund accounting software
- SAP BusinessObjects Crystal Reports
- Payroll software
- Online analytical processing OLAP software
- Presentation software
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- SAP Business One
- Financial reporting software
- Open Systems TRAVERSE
- NetSuite NetERP
- Oracle Performance Management Suites
- FRx Software Microsoft Forecaster
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Graphics software
- Accounting software
- Budget monitoring systems
- Statistical software
- Sage MAS 90 ERP
- SAP Crystal Xcelsius
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Business performance management BPM software
- Sage Active Planner
- Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise
- Extensity MPC
- Lilly Software Associates VISUAL Enterprise
- Time and attendance software
- Business Objects Data Integrator
- Everest Software Advanced
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Microsoft Excel
- IBM Cognos Planning