Will “Plant Floor Automation Manager” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Research, design, develop, or test robotic applications.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-2199.08
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Robotics Engineers”.
Also Known As…
- Robotics Engineers
- Automation Engineer
- Associate Professor of Automation
- Systems Engineer
- Software Development Engineer
- Robotics Systems Engineer
- Robotics Specialist
- Robotics Engineer
- Robotics Application Engineer
- Plant Floor Automation Manager
- Automation Manager
- Application Defense Manager
Tasks for “Plant Floor Automation Manager”
- Design software to control robotic systems for applications, such as military defense or manufacturing.
- Build, configure, and test robots.
- Debug robotics programs.
- Analyze and evaluate robotic systems or prototypes.
- Document robotic application development, maintenance, or changes.
- Write algorithms or programming code for ad hoc robotic applications.
- Design robotic systems, such as automatic vehicle control, autonomous vehicles, advanced displays, advanced sensing, robotic platforms, computer vision, or telematics systems.
- Automate assays on laboratory robotics.
- Design automated robotic systems to increase production volume or precision in high-throughput operations, such as automated ribonucleic acid (RNA) analysis or sorting, moving, or stacking production materials.
- Provide technical support for robotic systems.
- Integrate robotics with peripherals, such as welders, controllers, or other equipment.
- Install, calibrate, operate, or maintain robots.
- Make system device lists or event timing charts.
- Design or program robotics systems for environmental clean-up applications to minimize human exposure to toxic or hazardous materials or to improve the quality or speed of clean-up operations.
- Design end-of-arm tooling.
- Design robotics applications for manufacturers of green products, such as wind turbines or solar panels, to increase production time, eliminate waste, or reduce costs.
- Process or interpret signals or sensor data.
- Conduct research on robotic technology to create new robotic systems or system capabilities.
- Create back-ups of robot programs or parameters.
- Plan mobile robot paths and teach path plans to robots.
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of robotic mechanisms, components, or systems, such as planetary rovers, multiple mobile robots, reconfigurable robots, or man-machine interactions.
- Review or approve designs, calculations, or cost estimates.
- Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems.
- Supervise, technologists, technicians, or other engineers.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- Welding gun torches
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Torque meters
- Signal conditioners
- Vision systems
- Bar code readers
- Digital video cameras
- Function generators
- Sonar rings
- Desktop computers
- Laser scanners
- Microsoft Excel
- Silicon Graphics IRIX
- Laboratory information management system LIMS
- Image processors
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
- Microsoft Office
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Video digitizers
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Wind River Systems VxWorks
- Microsoft Windows
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Concurrent Versions Systems
- Version control software
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- Robotics Academy ROBOTC
- Rockwell RSLogix
- List processing language LISP