Will “Historic Sites Registrar” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
44% Chance of Automation
“Historic Sites Registrar” will probably not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #283 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Research, analyze, record, and interpret the past as recorded in sources, such as government and institutional records, newspapers and other periodicals, photographs, interviews, films, electronic media, and unpublished manuscripts, such as personal diaries and letters.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-3093.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 60,990.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 29.00
- Currently, there are 2,950 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Historians”.
Also Known As…
- Research Associate
- Programs Director
- Historical Interpreter
- Historic Interpreter
- County Records Management Officer (County RMO)
- County Historian
- Administrative Volunteer
- Supervisory Historian
- State Historical Society Director
- Research Director
- Reference Data Expert
- Music Historian
- Medical Historian
- Historical Society Director
- Historic Sites Registrar
- Film Historian
- Field Court Researcher
- Dramatic Arts Historian
- Dance Historian
Tasks for “Historic Sites Registrar”
- Coordinate activities of workers engaged in cataloging and filing materials.
- Speak to various groups, organizations, and clubs to promote the aims and activities of historical societies.
- Translate or request translation of reference materials.
- Prepare publications and exhibits, or review those prepared by others, to ensure their historical accuracy.
- Interview people to gather information about historical events and to record oral histories.
- Edit historical society publications.
- Conduct historical research as a basis for the identification, conservation, and reconstruction of historic places and materials.
- Organize data, and analyze and interpret its authenticity and relative significance.
- Determine which topics to research, or pursue research topics specified by clients or employers.
- Collect detailed information on individuals for use in biographies.
- Conserve and preserve manuscripts, records, and other artifacts.
- Trace historical development in a particular field, such as social, cultural, political, or diplomatic history.
- Recommend actions related to historical art, such as which items to add to a collection or which items to display in an exhibit.
- Gather historical data from sources such as archives, court records, diaries, news files, and photographs, as well as collect data sources such as books, pamphlets, and periodicals.
- Advise or consult with individuals and institutions regarding issues such as the historical authenticity of materials or the customs of a specific historical period.
- Present historical accounts in terms of individuals or social, ethnic, political, economic, or geographic groupings.
- Research and prepare manuscripts in support of public programming and the development of exhibits at historic sites, museums, libraries, and archives.
- Research the history of a particular country or region, or of a specific time period.
- Organize information for publication and for other means of dissemination, such as use in CD-ROMs or Internet sites.
- Teach and conduct research in colleges, universities, museums, and other research agencies and schools.
- Conduct historical research, and publish or present findings and theories.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- Digital still cameras
- Microfilm readers
- Digital audio recorders
- Analog-to-digital converters
- Computer laser printers
- Computer inkjet printers
- Microfiche readers
- Photocopying equipment
- Data input scanners
- Personal computers
- Text mining software
- Microsoft Office
- Digital image collections
- National Union Catalog of Manuscript Collections (NUCMC)
- Library of Congress digital collections
- Geographic information system GIS software
- Searchable online catalogs
- Corel WordPerfect
- Microsoft Excel
- Web browser software
- Audio editing software
- Reference management software
- Page markers
- National Archives online databases
- Digital mapping software
- Google Books NGram Viewer
- ProQuest Archive Finder
- Database management systems
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Statistical analysis software
- Web Scrapbook
- Email software
- Scanning software
- Smithsonian Institution digital archives
- Structured query language SQL
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- Extensible markup language XML
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Word
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver
- Archives Wiki
- Archival databases