Will “Product Technology Scientist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
49% Chance of Automation
“Product Technology Scientist” will probably not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #295 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Apply knowledge of engineering technology and biological science to agricultural problems concerned with power and machinery, electrification, structures, soil and water conservation, and processing of agricultural products.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-2021.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 77,330.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 37.00
- Currently, there are 1,980 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Agricultural Engineers”.
Also Known As…
- Agricultural Engineers
- Research Leader
- Research Agricultural Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Conservation Engineer
- Assistant Professor
- Agricultural Systems Specialist
- Agricultural Safety and Health Program Director
- Agricultural Engineer
- Test Engineer
- Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE)
- Research Associate
- Regional Engineer
- Plan Service Engineer
- Permaculture Designer
- Landscape Irrigation Science Professor
- Field Research Associate
- Farm Equipment Engineer
- Engineering Leader
- Design Engineer
- Automation Engineer
- Agriculture Scientist
- Agriculture Engineer
- Agriculture Consultant
- Agricultural Research Engineer
- Agricultural Production Engineer
- Agricultural Equipment Test Engineer
- Agricultural Equipment Design Engineer
Tasks for “Product Technology Scientist”
- Provide advice on water quality and issues related to pollution management, river control, and ground and surface water resources.
- Visit sites to observe environmental problems, to consult with contractors, or to monitor construction activities.
- Test agricultural machinery and equipment to ensure adequate performance.
- Meet with clients, such as district or regional councils, farmers, and developers, to discuss their needs.
- Discuss plans with clients, contractors, consultants, and other engineers so that they can be evaluated and necessary changes made.
- Design food processing plants and related mechanical systems.
- Supervise food processing or manufacturing plant operations.
- Design agricultural machinery components and equipment, using computer-aided design (CAD) technology.
- Design sensing, measuring, and recording devices, and other instrumentation used to study plant or animal life.
- Plan and direct construction of rural electric-power distribution systems, and irrigation, drainage, and flood control systems for soil and water conservation.
- Design structures for crop storage, animal shelter and loading, and animal and crop processing, and supervise their construction.
- Conduct educational programs that provide farmers or farm cooperative members with information that can help them improve agricultural productivity.
- Design and supervise environmental and land reclamation projects in agriculture and related industries.
- Prepare reports, sketches, working drawings, specifications, proposals, and budgets for proposed sites or systems.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Total stations
- Laptop computers
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Creo Parametric Pro/ENGINEER
- Microsoft Excel
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Web browser software
- PTC Pro/Pipe
- Eagle Point LANDCADD
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- ESRI ArcView
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS