Will “Creative Director” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
2.3% Chance of Automation
“Creative Director” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #95 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Care to share? Click for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or XING. 👍
Formulate design concepts and presentation approaches for visual communications media, such as print, broadcasting, and advertising. Direct workers engaged in art work or layout design.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 27-1011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 101,170.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 48.00
- Currently, there are 36,210 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Art Directors”.
Also Known As…
- Art Directors
- Senior Art Director
- Production Manager
- Group Art Supervisor
- Director of Creative Services, Consumer Products
- Design Director
- Creative Guru
- Art Supervisor
- Art Director
- Senior Designer/Art Director
- Production Coordinator
- Product Designer
- Presentation Specialist
- Magazine Designer
- Interactive Art Director
- Freelance Art Director
- Exec. Creative Director
- Director of Operations and Creative Services
- Director Design
- Creative/Art Director
- Creative Services Manager
- Creative Services Director
- Creative Services Designer
- Creative Services Coordinator
- Creative Manager
- Creative Director
- Associate Creative Director ACD Art Director
- Arts Manager
- Arts Administrator
- Artistic Director
- Art Department Head
- Art Coordinator
Tasks for “Creative Director”
- Formulate basic layout design or presentation approach and specify material details, such as style and size of type, photographs, graphics, animation, video, and sound.
- Confer with creative, art, copywriting, or production department heads to discuss client requirements and presentation concepts and to coordinate creative activities.
- Prepare detailed storyboards showing sequence and timing of story development for television production.
- Attend photo shoots and printing sessions to ensure that the products needed are obtained.
- Negotiate with printers and estimators to determine what services will be performed.
- Confer with clients to determine objectives, budget, background information, and presentation approaches, styles, and techniques.
- Work with creative directors to develop design solutions.
- Manage own accounts and projects, working within budget and scheduling requirements.
- Hire, train, and direct staff members who develop design concepts into art layouts or who prepare layouts for printing.
- Create custom illustrations or other graphic elements.
- Conceptualize and help design interfaces for multimedia games, products, and devices.
- Present final layouts to clients for approval.
- Mark up, paste, and complete layouts and write typography instructions to prepare materials for typesetting or printing.
- Research current trends and new technology, such as printing production techniques, computer software, and design trends.
- Review illustrative material to determine if it conforms to standards and specifications.
- Review and approve art materials, copy materials, and proofs of printed copy developed by staff members.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers
- Personal computers
- Digital video cameras
- Digital still cameras
- Tablet computers
- Sketching pencils
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Tablet application software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Systems Adobe Flash
- Microsoft Office
- Atlassian JIRA
- Adobe Systems Adobe Creative Cloud
- Microsoft Outlook
- Apple Final Cut Pro
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- MAXON CINEMA 4D
- Apple iWork Keynote
- Adobe Systems Adobe Director
- Extensible HyperText Markup Language XHTML
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Autodesk Maya
- Microsoft Excel
- Apache Software Foundation Flex
- Adobe Systems Adobe ImageReady
- Adobe Systems Adobe ActionScript
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver
- Social media software
- Autodesk 3ds Max Design
- Cascading Style Sheets CSS
- Atlassian Confluence
- Microsoft Word
- PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor
- Adobe Systems Adobe Fireworks
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Hypertext markup language HTML
- Adobe Systems Adobe AfterEffects
- Dynamic hypertext markup language DHTML
- Web broswer software
- Mobile application software