Will “Clinical Orthoptist (CO)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Diagnose and treat visual system disorders such as binocular vision and eye movement impairments.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-1199.05
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Orthoptists”.
Also Known As…
Tasks for “Clinical Orthoptist (CO)”
- Collaborate with ophthalmologists, optometrists, or other specialists in the diagnosis, treatment, or management of conditions such as glaucoma, cataracts, and retinal diseases.
- Examine patients with problems related to ocular motility, binocular vision, amblyopia, or strabismus.
- Refer patients to ophthalmic surgeons or other physicians.
- Perform vision screening of children in schools or community health centers.
- Assist ophthalmologists in diagnostic ophthalmic procedures, such as ultrasonography, fundus photography, and tonometry.
- Develop or use special test and communication techniques to facilitate diagnosis and treatment of children or disabled patients.
- Present or publish scientific papers.
- Prepare diagnostic or treatment reports for other medical practitioners or therapists.
- Interpret clinical or diagnostic test results.
- Perform diagnostic tests or measurements, such as motor testing, visual acuity testing, lensometry, retinoscopy, and color vision testing.
- Participate in clinical research projects.
- Provide instructions to patients or family members concerning diagnoses or treatment plans.
- Provide nonsurgical interventions, including corrective lenses, patches, drops, fusion exercises, or stereograms, to treat conditions such as strabismus, heterophoria, and convergence insufficiency.
- Evaluate, diagnose, or treat disorders of the visual system with an emphasis on binocular vision or abnormal eye movements.
- Develop nonsurgical treatment plans for patients with conditions such as strabismus, nystagmus, and other visual disorders.
- Provide training related to clinical methods or orthoptics to students, resident physicians, or other health professionals.
Related Technology & Tools
- Ophthalmic prisms
- Lang stereo tests
- Indirect ophthalmoscopes
- Ophthalmic perimeters
- Slide projectors
- Maddox rods
- Color vision testing devices
- Contrast sensitivity charts
- Randot stereo tests
- TNO stereo tests
- Animated fixation targets
- Laptop computers
- Snellen eye charts
- Ophthalmic slit lamps
- Opaque occluders
- Ophthalmic lensometers
- Sheridan Gardiner tests
- Overhead projectors
- Bagolini lenses
- Fresnel prisms
- Hertel exophthalmometers
- Adult trial frames
- Handheld fixation lights
- Teller acuity cards
- Direct ophthalmoscopes
- Combined vertical/horizontal prism bars
- Vision testing charts
- Trial lenses
- Lea symbols near vision cards
- Optokinetic drums
- Worth 4-dot tests
- Fixation targets
- LogMAR charts
- Cardiff cards
- Titmus stereo tests
- Personal computers
- Digital fundus cameras
- Pinhole occluders
- Scanning laser ophthalmoscopes
- Digital cameras
- Portable biomicroscopes
- Pediatric trial frames
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Email software
- SeeRite Flash and Match
- Therapeutic orthoptic software
- Eye Tracking Exercises Enterprises Track with Letters
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Computer Aided Vision Therapy CAVT
- MAX Systems Max-Gold Medical Clinic Software