Will “Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist Coordinator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Conduct electroneurodiagnostic (END) tests such as electroencephalograms, evoked potentials, polysomnograms, or electronystagmograms. May perform nerve conduction studies.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-2099.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Neurodiagnostic Technologists”.
Also Known As…
- Neurodiagnostic Technologists
- Senior Technologist
- Registered Polysomnographic Technologist
- Registered Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist
- Neurodiagnostic Technologist
- Manager, Neurodiagnostic Laboratory & Epilepsy Center (Manager, Neurodiagnostic Lab & Epilepsy Center)
- Lead Neurodiagnostic Technologist
- Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist
- Clinical Supervisor, Epilepsy Monitoring Unit
- Certified Neurodiagnostic Technologist
- Polysomnography Technologist
- Polysomnography Technician
- Polysomnographic Technologist
- Neurodiagnostic Technician
- Electrophysiology Technologist
- Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist Coordinator
- Electroencephalograph Technologist
- Electroencephalograph Technician
Tasks for “Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist Coordinator”
- Measure patients' body parts and mark locations where electrodes are to be placed.
- Summarize technical data to assist physicians to diagnose brain, sleep, or nervous system disorders.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, or repair equipment and correct malfunctions as needed.
- Submit reports to physicians summarizing test results.
- Explain testing procedures to patients, answering questions or reassuring patients as needed.
- Conduct tests to determine cerebral death, the absence of brain activity, or the probability of recovery from a coma.
- Monitor patients during tests or surgeries, using electroencephalographs (EEG), evoked potential (EP) instruments, or video recording equipment.
- Attach electrodes to patients using adhesives.
- Assist in training technicians, medical students, residents or other staff members.
- Measure visual, auditory, or somatosensory evoked potentials (EPs) to determine responses to stimuli.
- Adjust equipment to optimize viewing of the nervous system.
- Conduct tests or studies such as electroencephalography (EEG), polysomnography (PSG), nerve conduction studies (NCS), electromyography (EMG), and intraoperative monitoring (IOM).
- Participate in research projects, conferences, or technical meetings.
- Set up, program, or record montages or electrical combinations when testing peripheral nerve, spinal cord, subcortical, or cortical responses.
- Indicate artifacts or interferences derived from sources outside of the brain, such as poor electrode contact or patient movement, on electroneurodiagnostic recordings.
- Collect patients' medical information needed to customize tests.
Related Technology & Tools
- Sphenoidal electrodes
- Pulsed-wave Doppler ultrasound units
- Corkscrew needle electrodes
- Hypodermic syringes
- Subdural grid electrodes
- Video recorders
- Medical measuring tapes
- Electromyographs EMG
- Disposable foam pad electrodes
- Wireless encephalographs
- Evoked potential measuring systems
- Computer monitors
- Surface disk electrodes
- Signal generators
- Electroencephalography EEG equipment
- Electrode input panels
- Differential amplifiers
- Epidural electrodes
- Laptop computers
- Neurophysiologic interoperative monitoring systems
- Protective medical gloves
- Air dryers
- Subdermal needle electrodes
- Pulse oximeters
- Electroencephalography EEG amplifiers
- Eye charts
- Subdural strip electrodes
- Desktop computers
- Depth electrodes
- Portable electroencephalographs
- EEG Portaview
- Database software
- BESA EEGFocus
- Microsoft Windows
- Cadwell Laboratories Easy
- Microsoft Excel
- Neurofax SpikeDetector
- Web browser software
- Neurotronics Polysmith
- MEDITECH software
- FileMaker Pro
- Microsoft Office
- Natus NeuroWorks
- Scheduling software
- Sleep analysis software