Will “Loss Prevention Investigator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
31% Chance of Automation
“Loss Prevention Investigator” will probably not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #243 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Gather, analyze, compile and report information regarding individuals or organizations to clients, or detect occurrences of unlawful acts or infractions of rules in private establishment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-9021.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 53,530.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 25.00
- Currently, there are 28,490 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Private Detectives and Investigators”.
Also Known As…
- Private Detectives and Investigators
- Special Investigator
- Private Investigator
- Loss Prevention Officer
- Loss Prevention Detective
- Loss Prevention Associate
- Loss Prevention Agent
- Field Investigator
- Asset Protection Detective
- Undercover Operator
- Undercover Agent
- Surveillance Investigator
- Store Detective
- Skip Tracer
- Skip Locator
- Shopping Investigator
- Security Consultant
- Security Analyst
- Protection Specialist
- Private Eye
- Private Detective
- Loss Prevention Investigator
- Loss Prevention Analyst
- Investigations Director
- Intelligence Agent
- House Officer
- House Detective
- District Agent
- Detective Investigator
- Certified Legal Investigator
- Cash Shortage Investigator
- Bonding Agent
- Background Investigator
- Alarm Investigator
Tasks for “Loss Prevention Investigator”
- Conduct private investigations on a paid basis.
- Apprehend suspects and release them to law enforcement authorities or security personnel.
- Count cash and review transactions, sales checks, or register tapes to verify amounts or to identify shortages.
- Obtain and analyze information on suspects, crimes, or disturbances to solve cases, to identify criminal activity, or to gather information for court cases.
- Observe and document activities of individuals to detect unlawful acts or to obtain evidence for cases, using binoculars and still or video cameras.
- Perform undercover operations, such as evaluating the performance or honesty of employees by posing as customers or employees.
- Investigate companies' financial standings or locate funds stolen by embezzlers, using accounting skills.
- Testify at hearings or court trials to present evidence.
- Question persons to obtain evidence for cases of divorce, child custody, or missing persons or information about individuals' character or financial status.
- Conduct personal background investigations, such as pre-employment checks, to obtain information about an individual's character, financial status, or personal history.
- Warn troublemakers causing problems on establishment premises and eject them from premises when necessary.
- Monitor industrial or commercial properties to enforce conformance to establishment rules and to protect people or property.
- Search computer databases, credit reports, public records, tax or legal filings, or other resources to locate persons or to compile information for investigations.
- Confer with establishment officials, security departments, police, or postal officials to identify problems, provide information, or receive instructions.
- Expose fraudulent insurance claims or stolen funds.
- Write reports or case summaries to document investigations.
- Alert appropriate personnel to suspects' locations.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Computer data input scanners
- Biological evidence collection kits
- Laptop computers
- Digital video cameras
- Optical telescopes
- Fingerprint evidence kits
- Compact digital cameras
- Global positioning system GPS receivers
- Night vision goggles
- 35 millimeter cameras
- High powered binoculars
- Digital audio recorders
- Desktop computers
- Microsoft Excel
- Computer imaging software
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- Email software
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint