Will “Busboy” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
91% Chance of Automation
“Busboy” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #555 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Care to share? Click for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or XING. 👍
Facilitate food service. Clean tables, remove dirty dishes, replace soiled table linens; set tables; replenish supply of clean linens, silverware, glassware, and dishes; supply service bar with food; and serve items such as water, condiments, and coffee to patrons.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 35-9011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 22,340.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 10.00
- Currently, there are 423,080 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers”.
Also Known As…
- Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers
- Shift Manager
- Server Assistant
- Dining Room Attendant
- Dietary Aide
- Dietary Aid
- Bus Person
- Bus Boy
- Bar Back
- Water Carrier
- Water Attendant
- Tray Setter
- Silver Wrapper
- Silver Steward
- Service Assistant
- Room Attendant
- Restaurant Worker
- Nutrition Aide
- Lunchroom Worker
- Lunchroom Attendant
- Lunchroom Aide
- Line Server
- Kitchen Helper
- Kitchen Help Handyman
- Kitchen Aide
- Food Service Attendant
- Food Expeditor
- Dumb Waiter Operator
- Dining Room Tables Set Up Attendant
- Dining Room Helper
- Dining Room Busser
- Counter Supply Worker
- Coffee Bar Attendant
- Coffee Attendant
- Club Attendant
- Carry Out Clerk
- Cafeteria Worker
- Cafeteria Table Attendant
- Cafeteria Helper
- Cafeteria Attendant
- Cafeteria Assistant
- Cafeteria Aide
- Cafe Helper
- Buffet Attendant
- Breakfast Bar Attendant
- Breakfast Attendant
- Beverage Server
- Bartender Helper
- Bar Attendant
- Banquet Set Up Person
- Banquet Houseperson
Tasks for “Busboy”
- Carry trays from food counters to tables for cafeteria patrons.
- Set tables with clean linens, condiments, or other supplies.
- Wash glasses or other serving equipment at bars.
- Stock refrigerating units with wines or bottled beer or replace empty beer kegs.
- Run cash registers.
- Clean up spilled food or drink or broken dishes and remove empty bottles and trash.
- Carry linens to or from laundry areas.
- Serve ice water, coffee, rolls, or butter to patrons.
- Clean and polish counters, shelves, walls, furniture, or equipment in food service areas or other areas of restaurants and mop or vacuum floors.
- Mix and prepare flavors for mixed drinks.
- Stock vending machines with food.
- Fill beverage or ice dispensers.
- Stock cabinets or serving areas with condiments and refill condiment containers.
- Maintain adequate supplies of items such as clean linens, silverware, glassware, dishes, or trays.
- Wipe tables or seats with dampened cloths or replace dirty tablecloths.
- Scrape and stack dirty dishes and carry dishes and other tableware to kitchens for cleaning.
- Serve food to customers when waiters or waitresses need assistance.
- Replenish supplies of food or equipment at steam tables or service bars.
- Carry food, dishes, trays, or silverware from kitchens or supply departments to serving counters.
- Locate items requested by customers.
- Garnish foods and position them on tables to make them visible and accessible.
- Perform serving, cleaning, or stocking duties in establishments, such as cafeterias or dining rooms, to facilitate customer service.
- Slice and pit fruit used to garnish drinks.
Related Technology & Tools
- Juice dispensers
- Food processors
- Chefs' knives
- Carbonated beverage dispensers
- Glass washing machines
- Fruit pitters
- Ice-making machines
- Steam tables
- Cash registers
- Point of sale POS computer terminals
- Commercial coffeemakers
- Garbage disposals
- Commercial dishwashers
- Fruit zesters
- Soft-serve ice cream machines
- Commercial microwave ovens
- Microsoft Windows
- Plexis Software Plexis POS
- RestaurantPlus PRO
- Cafe Cartel Systems