Will “Brownfield Redevelopment Specialists and Site Managers” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Plan and direct cleanup and redevelopment of contaminated properties for reuse. Does not include properties sufficiently contaminated to qualify as Superfund sites.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 11-9199.11
Also Known As…
- Senior Environmental Practice Leader
- Manager, Division of Environmental Quality
- Environmental Program Manager
- Director of Development
- Deputy Commissioner
- Chief of Planning
- Business Development Manager
- Brownfield Program Coordinator
- Brownfield and Economic Development Director
- Urban Redevelopment Specialist
- Sediment Remediation Consultant
- Remediation Consultant
- Remediation Bioanalytics Consultant
- Remedial Project Manager
- Redevelopment Specialist
- Redevelopment Manager
- Grounds Restoration Specialist
- Environmental Remediation Specialist
- Environmental Remediation Engineer
- Environmental Remediation Consultant
- Environmental Management Specialist
- Corridor Redevelopment Manager
- Contamination Consultant
- Contaminated Land Consultant
- Brownfield Redevelopment Specialist
- Brownfield Redevelopment Site Manager
Tasks for “Brownfield Redevelopment Specialists and Site Managers”
- Identify environmental contamination sources.
- Prepare and submit permit applications for demolition, cleanup, remediation, or construction projects.
- Design or implement measures to improve the water, air, and soil quality of military test sites, abandoned mine land, or other contaminated sites.
- Inspect sites to assess environmental damage or monitor cleanup progress.
- Negotiate contracts for services or materials needed for environmental remediation.
- Maintain records of decisions, actions, and progress related to environmental redevelopment projects.
- Coordinate the disposal of hazardous waste.
- Estimate costs for environmental cleanup and remediation of land redevelopment projects.
- Design or implement plans for structural demolition and debris removal.
- Conduct quantitative risk assessments for human health, environmental, or other risks.
- Review or evaluate designs for contaminant treatment or disposal facilities.
- Develop or implement plans for revegetation of brownfield sites.
- Develop or implement plans for the sustainable regeneration of brownfield sites to ensure regeneration of a wider area by providing environmental protection or economic and social benefits.
- Provide expert witness testimony on issues such as soil, air, or water contamination and associated cleanup measures.
- Plan or implement brownfield redevelopment projects to ensure safety, quality, and compliance with applicable standards or requirements.
- Provide training on hazardous material or waste cleanup procedures and technologies.
- Review or evaluate environmental remediation project proposals.
- Design or conduct environmental restoration studies.
- Prepare reports or presentations to communicate brownfield redevelopment needs, status, or progress.
- Coordinate on-site activities for environmental cleanup or remediation projects to ensure compliance with environmental laws, standards, regulations, or other requirements.
- Conduct feasibility or cost-benefit studies for environmental remediation projects.
- Design or implement plans for surface or ground water remediation.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- Photocopying equipment
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Digital cameras
- Global positioning system GPS receivers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Subcentimeter global positioning system GPS units
- Computer data input scanners
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Project
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Microsoft Word
- Web browser software
- ESRI ArcView
- Microsoft Access
- ESRI ArcMap
- Maptek Vulcan
- Microsoft Outlook
- Calendar management software