Will “Licensing Examiners and Inspectors” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Examine, evaluate, and investigate eligibility for, conformity with, or liability under licenses or permits.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1041.02
Also Known As…
- Transportation Services Representative (TSR)
- Public Service Representative (PSR)
- Motor Vehicle Clerk
- Licensing Analyst
- License Registration Examiner
- License Examiner
- Driver License Examiner
- Driver License Agent
- Driver Examiner
- Weights and Measures Sealer
- Weights and Measures Inspector
- Scales Inspector
- Road Test Examiner
- Qualifications Examiner
- Passport Application Examiner
- Naturalization Examiner
- Motor Vehicle Inspector
- Motor Vehicle Examiner
- Methods Examiner
- Licensing Representative
- Licensing Registration Examiner
- Licensing Officer
- Industry Operations Investigator
- Immigration Officer
- Immigration Investigator
- Forms Examiner
- Driver License Technician
- Driver License Reviewing Officer
- Deportation Examiner
- Compliance Examiner
- Certified Driver License Test Administrator
- Certified Driver Examiner (CDE)
Tasks for “Licensing Examiners and Inspectors”
- Advise licensees or other individuals or groups concerning licensing, permit, or passport regulations.
- Score tests and observe equipment operation and control to rate ability of applicants.
- Report law or regulation violations to appropriate boards or agencies.
- Warn violators of infractions or penalties.
- Confer with or interview officials, technical or professional specialists, or applicants to obtain information or to clarify facts relevant to licensing decisions.
- Visit establishments to verify that valid licenses or permits are displayed and that licensing standards are being upheld.
- Prepare reports of activities, evaluations, recommendations, or decisions.
- Issue licenses to individuals meeting standards.
- Collect fees for licenses.
- Evaluate applications, records, or documents to gather information about eligibility or liability issues.
- Prepare correspondence to inform concerned parties of licensing decisions or appeals processes.
- Administer oral, written, road, or flight tests to license applicants.
Related Technology & Tools
- Magnetic stripe readers
- Fingerprint capture devices
- License or identification card printers
- Digital cameras
- Magnifying glasses
- Document scanners
- Point of sale POS receipt printers
- Testing workstations
- Snellen eye charts
- Ultraviolet UV lights
- Facial recognition systems
- Barcode scanners
- Fingerprint recognition systems
- Vision screening equipment
- Electric typewriters
- Iris recognition systems
- Desktop computers
- Microsoft Excel
- Document scanning software
- Commercial driver's license information system CDLIS
- Computer-assisted testing software
- Driving simulators
- Microsoft Access
- Digital imaging system software
- National Driver Register NDR
- Database software
- Safety Status Measurement System SafeStat
- Traffic record databases
- Microsoft Office