Will “Electronic Drafters” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Draw wiring diagrams, circuit board assembly diagrams, schematics, and layout drawings used for manufacture, installation, and repair of electronic equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3012.01
Also Known As…
- Senior Printed Circuit Board PCB Designer
- Senior Designer
- Printed Circuit Board PCB Draftsman (PCB Draftsman)
- Printed Circuit Board PCB Designer (PCB Designer)
- Mask Designer
- Layout Designer
- Integrated Circuit IC Layout Designer (IC Layout Designer)
- Design Drafter
- Test Fixture Designer
- Printed Circuit Designer
- Printed Circuit Board Layout Designer (PCB Layout Designer)
- Printed Circuit Board Drafter
- Mask Layout Designer
- Equipment Services Associate (ESA)
- Electromechanisms Design Drafter
- Drafting Technician
- Drafting and Printed Circuit Design Supervisor
- Computer-Aided Design Technician
- CADD Drafter (Computer-Aided Design and Drafting Drafter)
- CAD Draftsman (Computer-Aided Design Draftsman)
- CAD Drafter (Computer Aided Design CAD Drafter)
- CAD Designer (Computer Aided Design Designer)
- AutoCAD Technician
- AutoCAD Designer
- Analog Design Engineer
Tasks for “Electronic Drafters”
- Review work orders and procedural manuals and confer with vendors and design staff to resolve problems and modify design.
- Key and program specified commands and engineering specifications into computer system to change functions and test final layout.
- Compare logic element configuration on display screen with engineering schematics and calculate figures to convert, redesign, and modify element.
- Generate computer tapes of final layout design to produce layered photo masks and photo plotting design onto film.
- Plot electrical test points on layout sheets and draw schematics for wiring test fixture heads to frames.
- Consult with engineers to discuss and interpret design concepts, and determine requirements of detailed working drawings.
- Select drill size to drill test head, according to test design and specifications, and submit guide layout to designated department.
- Locate files relating to specified design project in database library, load program into computer, and record completed job data.
- Review blueprints to determine customer requirements and consult with assembler regarding schematics, wiring procedures, and conductor paths.
- Supervise and coordinate work activities of workers engaged in drafting, designing layouts, assembling, and testing printed circuit boards.
- Draft detail and assembly drawings of design components, circuitry and printed circuit boards, using computer-assisted equipment or standard drafting techniques and devices.
- Copy drawings of printed circuit board fabrication using print machine or blueprinting procedure.
- Train students to use drafting machines and to prepare schematic diagrams, block diagrams, control drawings, logic diagrams, integrated circuit drawings, and interconnection diagrams.
- Examine electronic schematics and supporting documents to develop, compute, and verify specifications for drafting data, such as configuration of parts, dimensions, and tolerances.
Related Technology & Tools
- Drafting machines
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Access
- Computer aided design and drafting software CADD
- Bowen & Groves M1 ERP
- SofTech CADRA
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Creo Parametric Pro/ENGINEER
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- Zuken CADSTAR
- Epicor Vantage
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Mentor Graphics Expedition Enterprise
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Project Management
- Mentor Graphics PADS
- 1CadCam Unigraphics
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Sage ERP Accpac
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Cadence PSpice
- Mentor Graphics Xpedition xDX Designer
- Design specification database software
- PTC Pro/INTRALINK
- Microsoft Excel
- Made2Manage Systems M2M ERP
- Microsoft Project
- SoftBrands Fourth Shift Edition
- UGS Solid Edge
- Exact Software Macola ERP