Will “School Psychologists” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Investigate processes of learning and teaching and develop psychological principles and techniques applicable to educational problems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-3031.01
Also Known As…
- School Psychometrist
- School Psychologist
- Early Intervention School Psychologist
- Consulting Psychologist
- Child Study Team Director
- Bilingual School Psychologist
- School Social Worker
- School Psychology Specialist
- School Psychologist Assistant
- School Psychological Examiner
- School Counselor
- Preliminary School Psychologist
- Guidance Counselor
- Educational Diagnostician
- Child Psychometrist
- Child Psychologist
- Behavioral Specialist
- Behavioral Analyst
- Behavior Specialist
- Associate School Psychologist
- Assessment Specialist
Tasks for “School Psychologists”
- Collaborate with other educational professionals to develop teaching strategies and school programs.
- Conduct research to generate new knowledge that can be used to address learning and behavior issues.
- Report any pertinent information to the proper authorities in cases of child endangerment, neglect, or abuse.
- Maintain student records, including special education reports, confidential records, records of services provided, and behavioral data.
- Assess an individual child's needs, limitations, and potential, using observation, review of school records, and consultation with parents and school personnel.
- Develop individualized educational plans in collaboration with teachers and other staff members.
- Interpret test results and prepare psychological reports for teachers, administrators, and parents.
- Compile and interpret students' test results, along with information from teachers and parents, to diagnose conditions and to help assess eligibility for special services.
- Initiate and direct efforts to foster tolerance, understanding, and appreciation of diversity in school communities.
- Refer students and their families to appropriate community agencies for medical, vocational, or social services.
- Provide consultation to parents, teachers, administrators, and others on topics such as learning styles and behavior modification techniques.
- Provide educational programs on topics such as classroom management, teaching strategies, or parenting skills.
- Serve as a resource to help families and schools deal with crises, such as separation and loss.
- Collect and analyze data to evaluate the effectiveness of academic programs and other services, such as behavioral management systems.
- Design classes and programs to meet the needs of special students.
- Select, administer, and score psychological tests.
- Counsel children and families to help solve conflicts and problems in learning and adjustment.
- Attend workshops, seminars, or professional meetings to remain informed of new developments in school psychology.
- Promote an understanding of child development and its relationship to learning and behavior.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Personal computers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Computer scanners
- Tablet computers
- Laptop computers
- Overhead projectors
- Centris Group IEP Direct
- Microsoft Office
- Instructional software
- Testing software
- Centris Group RTIm Direct
- Spreadsheet software
- MediaNet Solutions e-IEP PRO
- Ewing Solutions QuickWriter
- Web browser software
- Technical Perspectives CLASS IEP Program
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Word processing software
- SunGard Pentamation IEPplus
- PowerSchool Group PowerSchool SIS
- Psychsoft !Observe
- Smart Solutions IEP Anywhere
- Global Education Technologies EXCENT
- SpED Forms
- Test scoring software
- Xperts iep.online
- Email software
- Spectrum K12 School Solutions Encore
- Presentation software
- Vision Management Consulting IEP PlaNET
- Chalkware Education Solutions IEPPro
- Microsoft PowerPoint