Will “Neuropsychologists and Clinical Neuropsychologists” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply theories and principles of neuropsychology to diagnose and treat disorders of higher cerebral functioning.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-3039.01
Also Known As…
- Pediatric Neuropsychologist
- Neuropsychology Service Director
- Clinical Neuropsychologist
- Adult Neuropsychologist
Tasks for “Neuropsychologists and Clinical Neuropsychologists”
- Conduct neuropsychological evaluations such as assessments of intelligence, academic ability, attention, concentration, sensorimotor function, language, learning, and memory.
- Interview patients to obtain comprehensive medical histories.
- Establish neurobehavioral baseline measures for monitoring progressive cerebral disease or recovery.
- Provide education or counseling to individuals and families.
- Write or prepare detailed clinical neuropsychological reports, using data from psychological or neuropsychological tests, self-report measures, rating scales, direct observations, or interviews.
- Diagnose and treat conditions such as chemical dependency, alcohol dependency, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) dementia, and environmental toxin exposure.
- Identify and communicate risks associated with specific neurological surgical procedures, such as epilepsy surgery.
- Diagnose and treat conditions involving injury to the central nervous system, such as cerebrovascular accidents, neoplasms, infectious or inflammatory diseases, degenerative diseases, head traumas, demyelinating diseases, and various forms of dementing illnesses.
- Diagnose and treat pediatric populations for conditions such as learning disabilities with developmental or organic bases.
- Participate in educational programs, in-service training, or workshops to remain current in methods and techniques.
- Distinguish between psychogenic and neurogenic syndromes, two or more suspected etiologies of cerebral dysfunction, or between disorders involving complex seizures.
- Compare patients' progress before and after pharmacologic, surgical, or behavioral interventions.
- Design or implement rehabilitation plans for patients with cognitive dysfunction.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, and participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in neuropsychology.
- Diagnose and treat neural and psychological conditions in medical and surgical populations, such as patients with early dementing illness or chronic pain with a neurological basis.
- Provide psychotherapy, behavior therapy, or other counseling interventions to patients with neurological disorders.
- Educate and supervise practicum students, psychology interns, or hospital staff.
- Diagnose and treat psychiatric populations for conditions such as somatoform disorder, dementias, and psychoses.
Related Technology & Tools
- Respiration measurement equipment
- Pocket smell tests
- Grip testing devices
- Visual stimulation test equipment
- Block pattern sets
- Facial electromyography equipment
- Personal computers
- Laptop computers
- Desktop computers
- Skin conductance testing equipment
- Wisconsin Card Sorting Test
- Auditory stimulation equipment
- Computer laser printers
- Photocopying equipment
- Laser facsimile machines
- Statistical software
- Interactive psychological evaluation software
- Automated Neuropsychological Metric Assessments Battery
- Behavioral Assessment and Research System BARS
- Microsoft Word
- The Tova Company Test of Variables of Attention
- Noldus Information Technology The Observer
- BrainMetric The Category Test
- CogniSyst Computerized Assessment of Response Bias CARB
- Conners' Continuous Performance Test II
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Email software
- BrainTrain Captain's Log
- Web browser software
- Psychological testing software
- Microsoft Excel
- Database software
- Scheduling software
- MicroCog Assessment of Cognitive Functioning
- Microsoft Office
- Patient electronic medical record EMR software