Will “Endoscopy Technicians” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Maintain a sterile field to provide support for physicians and nurses during endoscopy procedures. Prepare and maintain instruments and equipment. May obtain specimens.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9099.02
Also Known As…
- Gastrointestinal Technician (GI Technician)
- Endoscopy Technician
- Endoscopy Technican
- Endoscopy Specialty Technician
- Endoscope Technician
- Chief Technician
- Certified Flexible Endoscopy Reprocessor
- Certified Flexible Endoscope Reprocessor (CFER)
- Certified Flex Endoscope Reprocessor
- Certified Endoscopy Technician
- Gastroenterology Technician
- Endoscopic Technician
Tasks for “Endoscopy Technicians”
- Maintain inventories of endoscopic equipment and supplies.
- Attend in-service training to validate or refresh basic professional skills.
- Perform safety checks to verify proper equipment functioning.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in endoscopy.
- Place devices, such as blood pressure cuffs, pulse oximeter sensors, nasal cannulas, surgical cautery pads, and cardiac monitoring electrodes, on patients to monitor vital signs.
- Position or transport patients in accordance with instructions from medical personnel.
- Collect specimens from patients using standard medical procedures.
- Prepare suites or rooms according to endoscopic procedure requirements.
- Maintain or repair endoscopic equipment.
- Assist physicians or registered nurses in the conduct of endoscopic procedures.
- Clean, disinfect, or calibrate scopes or other endoscopic instruments according to manufacturer recommendations and facility standards.
- Conduct in-service training sessions to disseminate information regarding equipment or instruments.
Related Technology & Tools
- Patient transport stretchers
- Evacuated blood collection tubes
- Automated blood pressure cuffs
- Medical safety masks
- Medical safety gloves
- Electrocardiography EKG machines
- Intravenous IV administration equipment
- Automated endoscope washers
- Endoscopic suction pumps
- Blood drawing syringes
- Endoscopic water bottles
- Cardiac monitoring equipment
- Patient transport wheelchairs
- Specimen collection containers
- Personal computers
- Endoscopic inflation equipment
- Medical scales
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Flexible sigmoidoscopes
- Pulse oximeters
- Endoscopic image printers
- Scope reprocessing equipment
- Desktop computers
- Manual blood pressure cuffs
- Laptop computers
- Endoscopic procedure sets
- Endoscopic snares
- Enema equipment
- Safety goggles
- Endoscopic image recording systems
- Digital patient thermometers
- Flexible endoscopes
- Endoscopic electrocautery equipment
- Steam autoclaves
- Patient electronic medical record EMR software
- Email software
- Microsoft Office
- MEDITECH software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Scheduling software