Will “Travel Guides” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
5.7% Chance of Automation
“Travel Guides” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #143 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Plan, organize, and conduct long distance travel, tours, and expeditions for individuals and groups.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 39-7012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 35,930.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,030 people on this job
Also Known As…
- Tours Captain
- Tour Operator
- Tour Manager
- Tour Escort
- Tour Director
- Tour Coordinator
- River Guide
- Mountain Bike Guide
- Cruise Counselor
- Travel Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Tours Hostess
- Tour Guide
- Tour Consultant
- River Expedition Guide
- Mountain Services Manager
- International Guest Coordinator
- Hunting and Fishing Guide
- Dude Wrangler
- Destination Imagination Coordinator
- Destination Coordinator
- Cruise Guide
- Cruise Director
- Cruise Coordinator
- Cruise Consultant
- Cruise Agent
- Alpine Guide
Tasks for “Travel Guides”
- Pay bills and record checks issued.
- Resolve any problems with itineraries, service, or accommodations.
- Evaluate services received on the tour, and report findings to tour organizers.
- Administer first aid to injured group participants.
- Lead individuals or groups to tour site locations and describe points of interest.
- Set up camps, and prepare meals for tour group members.
- Instruct novices in climbing techniques, mountaineering, and wilderness survival, and demonstrate use of hunting, fishing, and climbing equipment.
- Attend to special needs of tour participants.
- Plan tour itineraries, applying knowledge of travel routes and destination sites.
- Arrange for tour or expedition details such as accommodations, transportation, equipment, and the availability of medical personnel.
- Explain hunting and fishing laws to groups to ensure compliance.
- Give advice on sightseeing and shopping.
- Pilot airplanes or drive land and water vehicles to transport tourists to activity or tour sites.
- Provide tourists with assistance in obtaining permits and documents such as visas, passports, and health certificates, and in converting currency.
- Sell or rent equipment, clothing, and supplies related to expeditions.
- Verify amounts and quality of equipment prior to expeditions or tours.
- Sell travel packages.
Related Technology & Tools
- Equipment trailers
- Electronic maps
- Portable public address PA systems
- Camping tents
- Sport fishing rods
- Radio frequency RF Receivers
- Computer laser printers
- Emergency first aid kits
- Cordless microphones
- Hunting shotguns
- Climbing ropes
- Recreational water vehicles
- Hunting rifles
- Motor coaches
- Propane camping stoves
- Digital video cameras
- Passenger vehicles
- Tablet computers
- Radio frequency RF Transmitters
- Smart phones
- Climbing harnesses
- Navigation equipment
- Touring bikes
- Animal sound lures
- Climbing helmets
- Shuttle buses
- Sport fishing reels
- Climbing carabiners
- Microsoft Word
- Financial accounting software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Customer information databases
- Microsoft Office
- Global Positioning System GPS software
- Microsoft Excel
- Web browser software
- Travel Agent CMS