Will “Nannies” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Care for children in private households and provide support and expertise to parents in satisfying children's physical, emotional, intellectual, and social needs. Duties may include meal planning and preparation, laundry and clothing care, organization of play activities and outings, discipline, intellectual stimulation, language activities, and transportation.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 39-9011.01
Also Known As…
Tasks for “Nannies”
- Instruct and assist children in the development of health and personal habits, such as eating, resting, and toilet behavior.
- Regulate children's rest periods and nap schedules.
- Instruct children in safe behavior, such as seeking adult assistance when crossing the street and avoiding contact or play with unsafe objects.
- Help prepare and serve nutritionally balanced meals and snacks for children.
- Observe children's behavior for irregularities, take temperature, transport children to doctor, or administer medications, as directed, to maintain children's health.
- Supervise and assist with homework.
- Help develop or monitor family schedule.
- Perform first aid or cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) when required.
- Transport children to schools, social outings, and medical appointments.
- Remove hazards and develop appropriate boundaries and rules to create a safe environment for children.
- Perform housekeeping and cleaning duties related to children's care.
- Meet regularly with parents to discuss children's activities and development.
- Organize and conduct age-appropriate recreational activities, such as games, arts and crafts, sports, walks, and play dates.
- Assign appropriate chores and praise targeted behaviors to encourage development of self-control, self-confidence, and responsibility.
- Work with parents to develop and implement discipline programs to promote desirable child behavior.
- Keep records of play, meal schedules, and bill payment.
- Teach and perform age-appropriate activities, such as lap play, reading, and arts and crafts, to encourage intellectual development of children.
- Model appropriate social behaviors and encourage concern for others to cultivate development of interpersonal relationships and communication skills.
Related Technology & Tools
- Medicine dosing syringes
- Microwave ovens
- Laptop computers
- Emergency first aid kits
- Vacuum cleaners
- Child car safety seats
- Passenger cars
- Personal computers
- Security alarm systems
- Baby bottles
- Domestic dishwashers
- Washing machines
- Kitchen stoves
- Digital medical thermometers
- Web browser software
- Educational software
- Microsoft Word
- Scheduling software