Will “Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairers” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
97% Chance of Automation
“Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairers” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #658 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Repair and adjust cameras and photographic equipment, including commercial video and motion picture camera equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 49-9061.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 43,920.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 21.00
- Currently, there are 3,760 people on this job
Also Known As…
- Repair Technician
- Photographic Technician (Photo Tech)
- Photographic Equipment Technician
- Photographic Equipment Repair Technician
- Photo Technologist
- Photo Equipment Technician
- Camera Technician
- Camera Repairman
- Camera Repair Technician
- Surveillance Camera Technician
- Repair Cameraman
- Photographic Equipment Mechanic
- Photographic Equipment Maintenance Technician
- Motion Picture Equipment Machinist
- Motion Picture Camera Lens Technician
- Field Service Engineer
- Equipment Installation Professional
- Digital X-Ray Service Engineer
- Digital Service Engineer
- Digital Camera Technician
- Computerized Photofinishing Equipment Service Technician
- Camera Tuning Engineer
- Camera Repairer
- Camera Prototyping Engineer
- Camera Mechanic
- Camera Machinist
- Aircraft Photographic Equipment Repairer
- Aircraft Photographic Equipment Mechanic
Tasks for “Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairers”
- Adjust cameras, photographic mechanisms, or equipment such as range and view finders, shutters, light meters, or lens systems, using hand tools.
- Recommend design changes or upgrades of microfilming, film-developing, or photographic equipment.
- Fabricate or modify defective electronic, electrical, or mechanical components, using bench lathe, milling machine, shaper, grinder, or precision hand tools, according to specifications.
- Assemble aircraft cameras, still or motion picture cameras, photographic equipment, or frames, using diagrams, blueprints, bench machines, hand tools, or power tools.
- Requisition parts or materials.
- Clean and lubricate cameras and polish camera lenses, using cleaning materials and work aids.
- Test equipment performance, focus of lens system, diaphragm alignment, lens mounts, or film transport, using precision gauges.
- Examine cameras, equipment, processed film, or laboratory reports to diagnose malfunction, using work aids and specifications.
- Install electrical assemblies and wiring in aircraft camera housings and memory cards or film in cameras, following blueprints and using hand tools and soldering equipment.
- Record test data and document fabrication techniques on reports.
- Lay out reference points and dimensions on parts or metal stock to be machined, using precision measuring instruments.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, diagrams, instructions, or specifications to determine needed repairs, fabrication method, and operation sequence.
- Measure parts to verify specified dimensions or settings, such as camera shutter speed or light meter reading accuracy, using measuring instruments.
- Disassemble equipment to gain access to defect, using hand tools.
- Calibrate and verify accuracy of light meters, shutter diaphragm operation, or lens carriers, using timing instruments.
Related Technology & Tools
- Precision needle file sets
- Battery cover removal tools
- Aperture testers
- Flexi clamp wrenches
- Mini screwdrivers
- Power grinders
- Side cutting pliers
- Mini pliers sets
- Retaining ring removal tools
- Filter ring removers
- Scratch brushes
- Spanner wrenches
- Eyepiece tools
- Metal lens wrenches
- Focus testers
- Personal computers
- Dial vernier calipers
- Precision gauges
- Shutter speed testers
- Lens filter ring vises
- Digital multimeters
- Minispan wrenches
- Cleaning scrapers
- Rotary tools
- Needle nose pliers
- Lens spanners
- Dial indicators
- Head loupes
- Bench lathes
- Mini tweezers
- Digital light meters
- Microsoft Word
- Email software
- Microsoft Excel