Will “Bus Drivers, School or Special Client” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
89% Chance of Automation
“Bus Drivers, School or Special Client” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #525 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Transport students or special clients, such as the elderly or persons with disabilities. Ensure adherence to safety rules. May assist passengers in boarding or exiting.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 53-3022.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 31,110.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 14.00
- Currently, there are 515,020 people on this job
Also Known As…
- Special Needs Bus Driver
- Special Education Bus Driver
- Shuttle Bus Driver
- School Bus Driver/Teacher Assistant
- School Bus Driver/Mechanic
- School Bus Driver/Custodian
- School Bus Driver
- Bus Driver/Monitor
- Bus Driver
- Van Driver
- Special Client Bus Driver
- School Transportation Supervisor
- School Transportation Director
- School Bus Operator
- CDL Driver (Commercial Drivers License Driver)
Tasks for “Bus Drivers, School or Special Client”
- Follow safety rules as students board and exit buses or cross streets near bus stops.
- Report any bus malfunctions or needed repairs.
- Escort small children across roads and highways.
- Make minor repairs to vehicles.
- Check the condition of a vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure that everything is in working order.
- Pick up and drop off students at regularly scheduled neighborhood locations, following strict time schedules.
- Read maps and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
- Prepare and submit reports that may include the number of passengers or trips, hours worked, mileage, fuel consumption, or fares received.
- Regulate heating, lighting, and ventilation systems for passenger comfort.
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations, using telephones or mobile two-way radios.
- Drive gasoline, diesel, or electrically powered multi-passenger vehicles to transport students between neighborhoods, schools, and school activities.
- Maintain order among pupils during trips to ensure safety.
- Maintain knowledge of first-aid procedures.
- Keep bus interiors clean for passengers.
- Comply with traffic regulations to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
Related Technology & Tools
- Wheelchair restraint systems
- Powered service doors
- Passenger buses
- Two way radios
- Global positioning system GPS receivers
- Emergency exit doors
- On-board data input terminals
- Radio frequency identification RFID devices
- Barcode scanners
- Snow chains
- Digital surveillance camera systems
- Portable fire extinguishers
- Cell phones
- Tire pressure gauges
- Bus warning lights
- Emergency first-aid kits
- Wheelchair lifts
- AOL MapQuest
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft MapPoint