Will “Electro-Mechanical Technologist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Assist electromechanical engineers in such activities as computer-based process control, instrumentation, or machine design. May prepare layouts of machinery or equipment, plan the flow of work, conduct statistical studies, or analyze production costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3029.03
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electromechanical Engineering Technologists”.
Also Known As…
- Electromechanical Engineering Technologists
- Senior Tech Manufacturing Engineering
- Senior Mechanical Designer
- Senior Designer
- Senior Design Engineering Specialist
- R&D Lab Technician
- Process Control Tech
- Instrumentation and Electrical Preventive Maintenance Inspector IE PM Inspector
- Engineering Tech
- Engineering Specialist
- Electromechanical Engineering Technologist
Tasks for “Electro-Mechanical Technologist”
- Install or program computer hardware or machine or instrumentation software in microprocessor-based systems.
- Produce electrical, electronic, or mechanical drawings or other related documents or graphics necessary for electromechanical design, using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Test and analyze thermodynamic systems for renewable energy applications, such as solar or wind, to maximize energy production.
- Conduct statistical studies to analyze or compare production costs for sustainable and nonsustainable designs.
- Translate electromechanical drawings into design specifications, applying principles of engineering, thermal or fluid sciences, mathematics, or statistics.
- Establish and maintain inventory, records, or documentation systems.
- Develop or implement programs related to the environmental impact of engineering activities.
- Collaborate with engineers to implement electromechanical designs in industrial or other settings.
- Consult with machinists or technicians to ensure that electromechanical equipment or systems meet design specifications.
- Identify energy-conserving production or fabrication methods, such as by bending metal rather than cutting and welding or casting metal.
- Modify, maintain, or repair electrical, electronic, or mechanical components, equipment, or systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Specify, coordinate, or conduct quality-control or quality-assurance programs and procedures.
- Select electromechanical equipment, materials, components, or systems to meet functional specifications.
- Determine whether selected electromechanical components comply with environmental standards and regulations.
- Select and use laboratory, operational, or diagnostic techniques or test equipment to assess electromechanical circuits, equipment, processes, systems, or subsystems.
- Analyze engineering designs of logic or digital circuitry, motor controls, instrumentation, or data acquisition for implementation into new or existing automated, servomechanical, or other electromechanical systems.
- Fabricate or assemble mechanical, electrical, or electronic components or assemblies.
Related Technology & Tools
- Three dimensional laser scanners
- Tungsten inert gas TIG welding equipment
- Pressure gauges
- Laser engravers
- Digital oscilloscopes
- Iron workers
- Personal computers
- Manual mills
- Tensile testers
- Flow meters
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Metal inert gas MIG welders
- Selective laser sintering SLS systems
- Impact testers
- Optical comparators
- Function generators
- Computerized numerical control CNC lathes
- Proximity sensors
- Hardness testers
- X-Y positioning tables
- Laser printers
- Pneumatic electric converters
- Heat treatment furnaces
- Computerized numerical control CNC machining centers
- Analog oscilloscopes
- Coordinate measuring machines CMM
- Machining centers
- Digital multimeters
- Digital tachometers
- MindJet MindManager
- National Instruments Ultiboard
- National Instruments Multisim
- Creo Parametric Pro/ENGINEER
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
- The MathWorks Simulink
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- McNeel Rhino
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Rapid prototyping software
- Rockwell RSLogix
- Autodesk Inventor
- Automation Studio