Will “Ethanol Operations Manager” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Manage biofuels production and plant operations. Collect and process information on plant production and performance, diagnose problems, and design corrective procedures.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 11-3051.03
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Biofuels Production Managers”.
Also Known As…
- Biofuels Production Managers
- Production Manager
- Production Coordinator
- Plant Operations Vice President
- Plant Manager
- Operations Manager
- Lead Operator
- Ethanol Operations Manager
- Energy Operations Vice President
- Cellulosic Ethanol Production Plant Manager
- Biofuels Production Manager
- Plant Operations Coordinator
- Biofuels Plant Superintendent
- Biofuels Plant Operations Engineer
- Biofuels Plant Manager
- Biofuels Operations Manager
- Biodiesel Plant Superintendent
- Biodiesel Plant Operations Engineer
- Biodiesel Plant Manager
- Biodiesel Operations Manager
Tasks for “Ethanol Operations Manager”
- Monitor transportation and storage of flammable or other potentially dangerous feedstocks or products to ensure adherence to safety guidelines.
- Prepare and manage biofuels plant or unit budgets.
- Manage operations at biofuels power generation facilities, including production, shipping, maintenance, or quality assurance activities.
- Provide training to subordinate or new employees to improve biofuels plant safety or increase the production of biofuels.
- Confer with technical and supervisory personnel to report or resolve conditions affecting biofuels plant safety, operational efficiency, and product quality.
- Draw samples of biofuels products or secondary by-products for quality control testing.
- Supervise production employees in the manufacturing of biofuels, such as biodiesel or ethanol.
- Provide direction to employees to ensure compliance with biofuels plant safety, environmental, or operational standards and regulations.
- Shut down and restart biofuels plant or equipment in emergency situations or for equipment maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
- Review logs, datasheets, or reports to ensure adequate production levels or to identify abnormalities with biofuels production equipment or processes.
- Monitor meters, flow gauges, or other real-time data to ensure proper operation of biofuels production equipment, implementing corrective measures as needed.
- Adjust temperature, pressure, vacuum, level, flow rate, or transfer of biofuels to maintain processes at required levels.
- Conduct cost, material, and efficiency studies for biofuels production plants or operations.
- Approve proposals for the acquisition, replacement, or repair of biofuels processing equipment or the implementation of new production processes.
Related Technology & Tools
- Ball valves
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Fermentation processing vessels
- Throttle control valves TCV
- Emergency alarm systems
- Electric timing devices
- Hazardous material spill kits
- pH probes
- Flow control valves FCV
- Gravity convection ovens
- Stop valves
- Hand sampling pumps
- Moisture analyzers
- Belt conveyor systems
- Mole sieves
- Reaction flasks
- Mobile radios
- Self-contained breathing apparatus
- Glass graduated cylinders
- Dust and particulate respirators
- Air monitoring equipment
- Gate butterfly valves
- Sample ports
- Microsoft Word
- Human machine interface HMI software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Office
- Employee scheduling software
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS
- Microsoft Excel
- Distributed control system DCS
- Web browser software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Outlook
- Inventory control software