Will “Biomass Production Manager” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Manage operations at biomass power generation facilities. Direct work activities at plant, including supervision of operations and maintenance staff.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 11-3051.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Biomass Power Plant Managers”.
Also Known As…
- Biomass Power Plant Managers
- Production Support Supervisor
- Production Support Manager
- Production Supervisor
- Plant Manager
- Operations Supervisor
- Operations Manager
- Operations and Maintenance Manager
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintenance Manager
- Fuel Manager
- O and M Supervisor
- Demand Generator Manager
- Biomass Power Plant Superintendent
- Biomass Power Plant Manager
- Biomass Plant Manager
Tasks for “Biomass Production Manager”
- Monitor and operate communications systems, such as mobile radios.
- Adjust equipment controls to generate specified amounts of electrical power.
- Test, maintain, or repair electrical power distribution machinery or equipment, using hand tools, power tools, and testing devices.
- Inspect biomass gasification processes, equipment, and facilities for ways to maximize capacity and minimize operating costs.
- Prepare and manage biomass plant budgets.
- Prepare reports on biomass plant operations, status, maintenance, and other information.
- Shut down and restart biomass power plants or equipment in emergency situations or for equipment maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
- Conduct field inspections of biomass plants, stations, or substations to ensure normal and safe operating conditions.
- Evaluate power production or demand trends to identify opportunities for improved operations.
- Supervise operations or maintenance employees in the production of power from biomass such as wood, coal, paper sludge, or other waste or refuse.
- Supervise biomass plant or substation operations, maintenance, repair, or testing activities.
- Manage parts and supply inventories for biomass plants.
- Operate controls to start, stop, or regulate biomass-fueled generators, generator units, boilers, engines, or auxiliary systems.
- Monitor the operating status of biomass plants by observing control system parameters, distributed control systems, switchboard gauges, dials, or other indicators.
- Compile and record operational data on forms or in log books.
- Review biomass operations performance specifications to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Plan and schedule plant activities such as wood, waste, or refuse fuel deliveries, ash removal, and regular maintenance.
- Review logs, datasheets, or reports to ensure adequate production levels and safe production environments or to identify abnormalities with power production equipment or processes.
Related Technology & Tools
- Cooling towers
- Desktop computers
- Biomass boilers
- Heat recovery steam generators
- Bubbling fluidized bed boilers
- Radial stackers
- Steam turbines
- Personal computers
- Laptop computers
- Circulating fluidized bed boilers
- Wood feed systems
- Water samplers
- Steam boilers
- Inventory control software
- Distributed control system DCS
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS
- Employee scheduling software
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook