Will “Landfill Gas Collection System Operator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Direct daily operations, maintenance, or repair of landfill gas projects, including maintenance of daily logs, determination of service priorities, and compliance with reporting requirements.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 11-3051.05
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators”.
Also Known As…
- Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators
- Methane/Landfill Gas Collecting System Operator
- Methane Gas Collection System Operator
- Landfill Gas Collection Operator
- Gas Operations Superintendent
- Gas Operations Analyst
- Gas Operation Manager
- Gas Collection System Operator
- Distribution Collection Operator
- Collection Systems Worker
- Collection Systems Modeler
- Collection Systems Foreman
- Collection Systems Consultant
- Collection Systems Administrator
Tasks for “Landfill Gas Collection System Operator”
- Oversee landfill gas collection system construction, maintenance, and repair activities.
- Implement landfill operational and emergency procedures.
- Optimize gas collection landfill operational costs and productivity consistent with safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Monitor and control liquid or gas landfill extraction systems.
- Diagnose or troubleshoot gas collection equipment and programmable logic controller (PLC) systems.
- Inspect landfill or conduct site audits to ensure adherence to safety and environmental regulations.
- Track volume and weight of landfill waste.
- Maintain records for landfill gas collection systems to demonstrate compliance with safety and environmental laws, regulations, or policies.
- Operate computerized control panels to manage gas compression operations.
- Supervise landfill, well field, and other subordinate employees.
- Oversee gas collection landfill operations, including leachate and gas management or rail operations.
- Read meters, gauges, or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify gas collection systems operating conditions.
- Develop or enforce procedures for normal operation, start-up, or shut-down of methane gas collection systems.
- Recommend or implement practices to reduce turnaround time for trucks in and out of landfill site.
- Evaluate landfill gas collection service requirements to meet operational plans and productivity goals.
- Monitor gas collection systems emissions data, including biomethane or nitrous oxide levels.
- Prepare and manage landfill gas collection system budgets.
- Prepare reports on landfill operations and gas collection system productivity or efficiency.
- Prepare soil reports as required by regulatory or permitting agencies.
- Coordinate the repair, overhaul, or routine maintenance of diesel engines used in landfill operations.
- Monitor landfill permit requirements for updates.
Related Technology & Tools
- Pressure gauges
- Micro anemometers
- Diesel reciprocating engine generator sets
- Oxygen analyzers
- Notebook computers
- Multiple gas monitors
- Pressure valves
- Open flares
- Personal computers
- Utility trucks
- All terrain vehicles ATV
- Gas leak detectors
- Combustible gas monitors
- Air samplers
- Desktop computers
- Enclosed flares
- Gas reciprocating engine generator sets
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- WorkTech MAXIMO
- Employee scheduling software
- Email software
- Landfill gas analysis software
- Landtec System Software LFG Pro
- Microsoft Office
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS
- Distributed control system DCS
- Web browser software