Will “Hydro Station Supervisor” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Manage operations at hydroelectric power generation facilities. Maintain and monitor hydroelectric plant equipment for efficient and safe plant operations.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 11-3051.06
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Hydroelectric Production Managers”.
Also Known As…
- Hydroelectric Production Managers
- Power Project Manager
- Power Plant Supervisor
- Power Plant Superintendent
- Plant Manager
- Operations Supervisor
- Operations Manager
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintenance Superintendent
- Hydro Station Supervisor
- Facility Manager
- Hydroelectric Station Chief
- Hydroelectric Production Manager
- Hydroelectric Plant Power Generation Engineer
- Hydro Plant Site Manager
- Hydro Generation Supervisor
- Hydro Generation Manager
- Generation Manager
- Demand Generation Manager
- Chief Hydroelectric Station Operator
Tasks for “Hydro Station Supervisor”
- Maintain records of hydroelectric facility operations, maintenance, or repairs.
- Negotiate power generation contracts with other public or private utilities.
- Inspect hydroelectric facilities, including switchyards, control houses, or relay houses, for normal operation or adherence to safety standards.
- Plan or coordinate hydroelectric production operations to meet customer requirements.
- Develop or review budgets, annual plans, power contracts, power rates, standing operating procedures, power reviews, or engineering studies.
- Develop or implement policy evaluation procedures for hydroelectric generation activities.
- Identify and communicate power system emergencies.
- Supervise or monitor hydroelectric facility operations to ensure that generation or mechanical equipment conform to applicable regulations or standards.
- Create or enforce hydrostation voltage schedules.
- Plan or manage hydroelectric plant upgrades.
- Operate energized high- or low-voltage hydroelectric power transmission system substations, according to procedures and safety requirements.
- Monitor or inspect hydroelectric equipment, such as hydro-turbines, generators, or control systems.
- Perform or direct preventive or corrective containment or cleanup to protect the environment.
- Check hydroelectric operations for compliance with prescribed operating limits, such as loads, voltages, temperatures, lines, or equipment.
- Direct operations, maintenance, or repair of hydroelectric power facilities.
- Supervise hydropower plant equipment installations, upgrades, or maintenance.
- Respond to problems related to ratepayers, water users, power users, government agencies, educational institutions, or other private or public power resource interests.
- Provide technical direction in the erection or commissioning of hydroelectric equipment or supporting electrical or mechanical systems.
- Develop or implement projects to improve efficiency, economy, or effectiveness of hydroelectric plant operations.
Related Technology & Tools
- Electrical switch gear
- Electrical circuit breakers
- Turbine generators
- Hydraulic power generation equipment
- Laptop computers
- Safety glasses
- Hydroelectric power generator controls
- Reaction turbines
- Dam water flow controls
- Protective respirators
- Desktop computers
- Impulse turbines
- Mobile radios
- Personal computers
- Protective ear muffs
- Power transformers
- Microsoft Word
- Distributed control system DCS
- Personnel scheduling software
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS
- Microsoft Access
- Supervisory control and data acquisition SCADA software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Email software
- Microsoft Office