Will “Global Climate Change Researcher” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Research and analyze policy developments related to climate change. Make climate-related recommendations for actions such as legislation, awareness campaigns, or fundraising approaches.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-2041.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Climate Change Analysts”.
Also Known As…
- Climate Change Analysts
- Staff Climate Scientist
- Senior Policy Associate
- Senior Policy Analyst
- Senior Climate Advisor
- Senior Associate, Climate and Energy Program
- Senior Advocate
- Senior Advisor
- Research Associate, Policy
- Principal Scientist
- Risk Assessor
- Regional Climate Change Analyst
- Global Climate Change Analyst
- Environmental Change Analyst
- Ecological Risk Assessor
- Cumulative Effects Analyst
- Climate Change Risk Assessor
- Climate Change Analyst
- Clean Energy Policy Analyst
Tasks for “Global Climate Change Researcher”
- Provide analytical support for policy briefs related to renewable energy, energy efficiency, or climate change.
- Write reports or academic papers to communicate findings of climate-related studies.
- Promote initiatives to mitigate climate change with government or environmental groups.
- Prepare grant applications to obtain funding for programs related to climate change, environmental management, or sustainability.
- Research policies, practices, or procedures for climate or environmental management.
- Develop, or contribute to the development of, educational or outreach programs on the environment or climate change.
- Present and defend proposals for climate change research projects.
- Gather and review climate-related studies from government agencies, research laboratories, and other organizations.
- Review existing policies or legislation to identify environmental impacts.
- Propose new or modified policies involving use of traditional and alternative fuels, transportation of goods, and other factors relating to climate and climate change.
- Prepare study reports, memoranda, briefs, testimonies, or other written materials to inform government or environmental groups on environmental issues such as climate change.
- Make legislative recommendations related to climate change or environmental management, based on climate change policies, principles, programs, practices, and processes.
- Analyze and distill climate-related research findings to inform legislators, regulatory agencies, or other stakeholders.
- Present climate-related information at public interest, governmental, or other meetings.
Related Technology & Tools
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laptop computers
- Computer laser printers
- Personal computers
- Mainframe computers
- High-performance cluster HPC computers
- Desktop computers
- Computer data input scanners
- Practical extraction and reporting language Perl
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Grid analysis and display system GrADS
- Microsoft Excel
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Formula translation/translator FORTRAN
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Community Climate System Model CCSM
- North American Regional Climate Change Assessment Program NARCCAP data tables
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- Sun Microsystems Java
- Web browser software
- Unidata Network common data form NetCDF
- Interface definition language IDL
- Unidata Integrated Data Viewer IDV
- NCAR Command Language NCL