Will “Transportation Analyst” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Prepare studies for proposed transportation projects. Gather, compile, and analyze data. Study the use and operation of transportation systems. Develop transportation models or simulations.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-3099.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Transportation Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Transportation Planners
- Transportation Planner
- Transit Planning Director
- Seaport Planning Manager
- Planning Director
- Transportation Modeler
- Transportation Consultant
- Transit Planner
Tasks for “Transportation Analyst”
- Direct urban traffic counting programs.
- Analyze and interpret data from traffic modeling software, geographic information systems, or associated databases.
- Recommend transportation system improvements or projects, based on economic, population, land-use, or traffic projections.
- Develop computer models to address transportation planning issues.
- Design transportation surveys to identify areas of public concern.
- Prepare necessary documents to obtain project approvals or permits.
- Analyze transportation-related consequences of federal and state legislative proposals.
- Collaborate with other professionals to develop sustainable transportation strategies at the local, regional, or national level.
- Participate in public meetings or hearings to explain planning proposals, to gather feedback from those affected by projects, or to achieve consensus on project designs.
- Prepare reports or recommendations on transportation planning.
- Develop design ideas for new or improved transport infrastructure, such as junction improvements, pedestrian projects, bus facilities, and car parking areas.
- Analyze information related to transportation, such as land use policies, environmental impact of projects, or long-range planning needs.
- Prepare or review engineering studies or specifications.
- Analyze information from traffic counting programs.
- Review development plans for transportation system effects, infrastructure requirements, or compliance with applicable transportation regulations.
- Define regional or local transportation planning problems or priorities.
- Define or update information such as urban boundaries or classification of roadways.
- Produce environmental documents, such as environmental assessments or environmental impact statements.
- Document and evaluate transportation project needs and costs.
- Collaborate with engineers to research, analyze, or resolve complex transportation design issues.
- Develop or test new methods or models of transportation analysis.
- Represent jurisdictions in the legislative or administrative approval of land development projects.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laser facsimile machines
- Blueprint machines
- Laptop computers
- Photocopying equipment
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- TRL Software TRANSYT
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Structured query language SQL
- Roundabout Delay RODEL
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Web browser software
- McTrans HCS+
- ESRI ArcView
- Bentley Microstation
- Microsoft Excel
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- Crash Mapping Analysis Tool CMAT
- Visual Solutions VisSIM
- Strong Concepts TEAPAC
- Iteris Turbo Architecture
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- Caliper TransCAD
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Project
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Quadstone Paramics
- Dowling Associates TRAFFIX
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- PTV VISUM
- Microsoft Office
- Traffic signal software
- Texas Transportation Institute TTI Progression Analysis and Signal System Evaluation Routine PASSER
- Citilabs Cube
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop