Will “Planner” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Compile data from various sources, such as maps, reports, and field and file investigations, for use by city planner in making planning studies.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-4061.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “City and Regional Planning Aides”.
Also Known As…
- City and Regional Planning Aides
- Zoning Technician
- Planning Technician
- Planning Intern
- Planning Assistant
- Planning Aide
- Engineering Technician
- Development Technician
- Development and Housing Director
- Community Planner
- Zoning Assistant
- Transportation Planner
- Regional Transfer Liaison
- Regional Liaison
- Regional Economic Liaison
- Planning Official
- Housing Liaison
- GIS Technician (Geographic Information Systems Technician)
- Community Planning Technician
- Community Development Technician
- City Designer
Tasks for “Planner”
- Participate in and support team planning efforts.
- Perform code enforcement tasks.
- Research, compile, analyze and organize information from maps, reports, investigations, and books for use in reports and special projects.
- Provide and process zoning and project permits and applications.
- Inspect sites and review plans for minor development permit applications.
- Prepare, maintain and update files and records, including land use data and statistics.
- Prepare, develop and maintain maps and databases.
- Perform clerical duties such as composing, typing and proofreading documents, scheduling appointments and meetings, handling mail and posting public notices.
- Conduct interviews, surveys and site inspections concerning factors that affect land usage, such as zoning, traffic flow and housing.
- Serve as liaison between planning department and other departments and agencies.
- Respond to public inquiries and complaints.
- Prepare reports, using statistics, charts, and graphs, to illustrate planning studies in areas such as population, land use, or zoning.
Related Technology & Tools
- Drafting scales
- Two way radios
- Digital cameras
- Desktop computers
- Microfiche readers
- Laptop computers
- Slide projectors
- Multi-line telephone systems
- 35 millimeter cameras
- Digital camcorders
- Personal computers
- Overhead projectors
- 10-key calculators
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Corel WordPerfect
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Hypertext markup language HTML
- Email software
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Geographic information system GIS software
- ESRI ArcInfo
- Corel CorelDraw Graphics Suite
- Telogis GeoBase
- Web browser software
- Street address databases
- Microsoft Office
- Land management databases
- ESRI ArcView