Will “Home Care Giver” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
39% Chance of Automation
“Home Care Giver” will probably not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #266 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Provide routine individualized healthcare such as changing bandages and dressing wounds, and applying topical medications to the elderly, convalescents, or persons with disabilities at the patient's home or in a care facility. Monitor or report changes in health status. May also provide personal care such as bathing, dressing, and grooming of patient.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-1011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 23,600.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 11.00
- Currently, there are 814,300 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Home Health Aides”.
Also Known As…
- Home Health Aides
- In Home Caregiver
- Hospice/Home Health Aide
- Home Health Provider
- Home Health Aide (HHA)
- Home Care Aide
- Home Attendant
- Certified Nurses Aide (CNA)
- Certified Medical Aide (CMA)
- Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA)
- State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA)
- Residential Counselor
- Residential Aide
- Resident Care Provider
- Resident Care Associate
- Resident Care Aide
- Patient Service Representative
- Nursing Assistant
- Nurse's Companion
- Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA)
- Independent Living Specialist
- Hospice Aide
- Home Help Aide
- Home Health Care Provider
- Home Health Attendant
- Home Health Aid
- Home Care Provider
- Home Care Attendant
- Healthcare Associate
- Health Support Specialist (HSS)
- Health Service Worker
- Health Care Assistant
- Habilitation Training Specialist
- Direct Support Professional
- Direct Care Worker
- Direct Care Professional
- Direct Care Counselor
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Care Giver
Tasks for “Home Care Giver”
- Provide patients and families with emotional support and instruction in areas such as caring for infants, preparing healthy meals, living independently, or adapting to disability or illness.
- Perform a variety of duties as requested by client, such as obtaining household supplies or running errands.
- Provide patients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs, or automobiles and with dressing and grooming.
- Accompany clients to doctors' offices or on other trips outside the home, providing transportation, assistance, and companionship.
- Plan, purchase, prepare, or serve meals to patients or other family members, according to prescribed diets.
- Direct patients in simple prescribed exercises or in the use of braces or artificial limbs.
- Maintain records of patient care, condition, progress, or problems to report and discuss observations with supervisor or case manager.
- Administer prescribed oral medications, under the written direction of physician or as directed by home care nurse or aide, and ensure patients take their medicine.
- Care for children who are disabled or who have sick or disabled parents.
- Massage patients or apply preparations or treatments, such as liniment, alcohol rubs, or heat-lamp stimulation.
- Entertain, converse with, or read aloud to patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
- Care for patients by changing bed linens, washing and ironing laundry, cleaning, or assisting with their personal care.
- Check patients' pulse, temperature, and respiration.
- Change dressings.
- Bathe patients.
Related Technology & Tools
- Lower extremity prosthetic devices
- Home care ventilators
- Anti-embolism elastic stockings
- Oxygen equipment
- Walking braces
- Knee braces
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Foot boards
- Transcutaneous electric nerve stimulation TENS equipment
- Electronic blood pressure cuffs
- Ostomy bags
- Desktop computers
- Bathtub seats
- Enema equipment
- Hoyer lifts
- Heat lamps
- Notebook computers
- Manual blood pressure cuffs
- Bed cradles
- Ice caps
- Ice collars
- Urinalysis test strips
- Patient lifters
- Abdominal binders
- Upper extremity prosthetic devices
- Gait belts
- AIG OASIS
- Web browser software
- Mi-Co software