Will “Marketing/Sales Person” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Contact new or existing customers to determine their solar equipment needs, suggest systems or equipment, or estimate costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-4011.07
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Solar Sales Representatives and Assessors”.
Also Known As…
- Solar Sales Representatives and Assessors
- Solar Sales Representative
- Solar Consultant
- Sales Representative
- Sales Rep
- Sales Manager
- Sales Associate
- Energy Consultant
- Commercial Sales Manager
- Vice President Sales and Marketing
- Vice President Residential Solar Sales
- Vice President Business Development and Marketing
- Solar/Renewable Energy Sales
- Solar System Designer
- Solar Site Assessment Specialist
- Solar Sales Specialist
- Solar Sales Representative and Assessor
- Solar Sales Rep
- Solar Sales Estimator
- Solar Sales Energy Advisor
- Solar Sales Consultant and Project Manager
- Solar Sales Consultant
- Solar Sales Associate
- Solar Sales Assessor
- Solar Sales Ambassador
- Solar Sales
- Solar Resource Assessor
- Solar Manufacturer's Representative
- Solar Energy Specialist
- Solar Energy Sales Specialist
- Solar Energy Consultant and Designer
- Solar Business Developer
- Sales Specialist
- Sales Executive
- Sales Consultant Residential Manager
- Sales Consultant
- Residential Solar Sales Consultant
- Residential Sales Rep (Solar Consultant)
- Residential Sales
- Executive Assistant to the President/Sales Rep
- Director of Sales and Market Development
- Director of Sales
- Design and Sales Consultant
- Account Representative-Non-Profit Division
- Account Executive
Tasks for “Marketing/Sales Person”
- Demonstrate use of solar and related equipment to customers or dealers.
- Develop marketing or strategic plans for sales territories.
- Select solar energy products, systems, or services for customers based on electrical energy requirements, site conditions, price, or other factors.
- Assess sites to determine suitability for solar equipment, using equipment such as tape measures, compasses, and computer software.
- Gather information from prospective customers to identify their solar energy needs.
- Create customized energy management packages to satisfy customer needs.
- Take quote requests or orders from dealers or customers.
- Prepare or review detailed design drawings, specifications, or lists related to solar installations.
- Prepare proposals, quotes, contracts, or presentations for potential solar customers.
- Generate solar energy customer leads to develop new accounts.
- Provide customers with information, such as quotes, orders, sales, shipping, warranties, credit, funding options, incentives, or tax rebates.
- Provide technical information about solar power, solar systems, equipment, and services to potential customers or dealers.
- Calculate potential solar resources or solar array production for a particular site considering issues such as climate, shading, and roof orientation.
Related Technology & Tools
- Extension ladders
- Laptop computers
- Computerized data collectors
- Precision tape measures
- Personal computers
- Compact digital cameras
- Desktop computers
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Excel
- Web browser software
- Google SketchUp
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Word
- Salesforce.com Salesforce CRM
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Office
- Customer relationship management CRM software
- Solar analysis software