Will “Grocery Clerk, Marking” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Print and attach price tickets to articles of merchandise using one or several methods, such as marking price on tickets by hand or using ticket-printing machine.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-5081.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Marking Clerks”.
Also Known As…
- Marking Clerks
- Warehouse Pricing and Inventory Clerk
- Scan Coordinator
- Pricing Associate
- Marking Clerk
- Label Maker
- Inventory and Pricing Associate
- In Store Marketing Associate (ISM Associate)
- Ticket Marker
- Tag Marker
- Sales Associate
- Price Changer
- Price Accuracy Supervisor
- Merchandise Marker
- Grey Goods Marker
- Back Up Scan Coordinator
Tasks for “Grocery Clerk, Marking”
- Change the price of books in a warehouse.
- Indicate item size, style, color, and inspection results on tags, tickets, and labels, using rubber stamp or writing instrument.
- Keep records of production, returned goods, and related transactions.
- Record number and types of articles marked and pack articles in boxes.
- Pin, paste, sew, tie, or staple tickets, tags, or labels to article.
- Put price information on tickets, marking by hand or using ticket-printing machine.
- Record price, buyer, and grade of product on tickets attached to products auctioned.
- Mark selling price by hand on boxes containing merchandise.
- Compare printed price tickets with entries on purchase orders to verify accuracy and notify supervisor of discrepancies.
Related Technology & Tools
- Industrial scissors
- Personal computers
- Manual shears
- Hook knives
- Shelf scrapers
- Label removers
- 10-key calculators
- Personal digital assistants PDAs
- Electric cash registers
- Box cutters
- Computer inkjet printers
- Sign printers
- Copy machines
- Label scrapers
- Office intercom systems
- Barcode scanners
- Rubber marking stamps
- Staple guns
- Ticket-printing machines
- Microsoft Word
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel