Will “Script Girl” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
81% Chance of Automation
“Script Girl” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #442 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Use word processor, computer or typewriter to type letters, reports, forms, or other material from rough draft, corrected copy, or voice recording. May perform other clerical duties as assigned.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-9022.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,970.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 67,230 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Word Processors and Typists”.
Also Known As…
- Word Processors and Typists
- Word Processor
- Project Assistant
- Program Assistant
- Office Manager
- Customer Service Representative
- Clerk Typist
- Administrative Assistant
- Word Processor Technician
- Word Processor Operator
- Word Processing Specialist
- Word Processing Machine Operator
- Typing and Filing Office Worker
- Transcription Typist
- Transcribing Machine Operator
- Telegraphic Typewriter Operator
- Stencil Typist
- Statistical Typist
- Script Worker
- Processing Specialist
- Policy Writer, Typing
- Order Processing Specialist
- Office Technician
- Medical Typist
- Legal Transcriptionist
- Electromatic Typist
- Ediphone Operator
- Document Processor
- Dictaphone Typist
- Data Transcriber
- Continuity Clerk
- Cable Operator
- Bordereau Clerk
- Alarm Signaler
Tasks for “Script Girl”
- Use data entry devices, such as optical scanners, to input data into computers for revision or editing.
- Electronically sort and compile text and numerical data, retrieving, updating, and merging documents as required.
- Reformat documents, moving paragraphs or columns.
- Transmit work electronically to other locations.
- Collate pages of reports and other documents prepared.
- Adjust settings for format, page layout, line spacing, and other style requirements.
- File and store completed documents on computer hard drive or disk, or maintain a computer filing system to store, retrieve, update and delete documents.
- Perform other clerical duties such as answering telephone, sorting and distributing mail, running errands or sending faxes.
- Check completed work for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and format.
- Keep records of work performed.
- Type correspondence, reports, text and other written material from rough drafts, corrected copies, voice recordings, dictation or previous versions, using a computer, word processor, or typewriter.
- Compute and verify totals on report forms, requisitions, or bills, using adding machine or calculator.
- Print and make copies of work.
- Work with technical material, preparing statistical reports, planning and typing statistical tables, and combining and rearranging material from different sources.
- Gather, register, and arrange the material to be typed, following instructions.
- Operate and resupply printers and computers, changing print wheels or fluid cartridges, adding paper, and loading blank tapes, cards, or disks into equipment.
- Search for specific sets of stored, typed characters to make changes.
- Address envelopes or prepare envelope labels, using typewriter or computer.
- Transcribe stenotyped notes of court proceedings.
Related Technology & Tools
- Postage marking machines
- Electric typewriters
- Laser facsimile machines
- Desktop calculators
- Copy machines
- Paper shredders
- Postage meters
- Personal computers
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- SRSsoft SRS EHR
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Word
- FileMaker Pro
- Swiftpage Act!
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Oracle PeopleSoft
- Oracle Siebel CRM
- Blackbaud CRM
- Microsoft Office
- IBM Notes
- Microsoft Access