Will “Claim Service Representative” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Obtain information from insured or designated persons for purpose of settling claim with insurance carrier.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-9041.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Insurance Claims Clerks”.
Also Known As…
- Insurance Claims Clerks
- Claims Technician
- Claims Service Representative
- Claims Representative
- Claims Processor
- Claims Customer Service Representative (Claims CSR)
- Claims Clerk
- Claim Technician
- Claim Service Representative
- Claim Processing Specialist
- Call Center Representative
- Underwriting Clerk
- Service Advisor
- Personal Lines Insurance Customer Service Representative (Personal Lines Insurance CSR)
- Open Claims Representative
- Medical Insurance Claims Processor
- Insurance Specialist
- Insurance Customer Service Representative
- Insurance Claims Processor
- Claims Sorter
- Claims Examiner
- Claims Coordinator
- Claims Associate
- Claims Adjuster
- Claims Adjudicator
- Claim Taker
- Claim Representative
Tasks for “Claim Service Representative”
- Provide customer service, such as limited instructions on proceeding with claims or referrals to auto repair facilities or local contractors.
- Pay small claims.
- Prepare insurance claim forms or related documents and review them for completeness.
- Enter claims information into database systems.
- Transmit claims for payment or further investigation.
- Post or attach information to claim file.
- Review insurance policy to determine coverage.
- Contact insured or other involved persons to obtain missing information.
- Apply insurance rating systems.
- Calculate amount of claim.
- Organize or work with detailed office or warehouse records, using computers to enter, access, search or retrieve data.
Related Technology & Tools
- 10-key calculators
- Dictation machines
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Medical condition coding software
- Microsoft Office
- IBM Check Processing Control System CPSC
- Claim processing system software
- Alpha Software Alpha Five
- Spreadsheet software
- Automated information system software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Web browser software
- Word processing software
- Microsoft Excel
- Billing software
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
- St. Paul Travelers e-CARMA
- Database software
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Word
- Medical procedure coding software