Will “Quarry Plant Crusher Operator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
54% Chance of Automation
“Quarry Plant Crusher Operator” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #309 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Operate self-propelled mining machines that rip coal, metal and nonmetal ores, rock, stone, or sand from the mine face and load it onto conveyors or into shuttle cars in a continuous operation.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-5041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 52,650.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 25.00
- Currently, there are 12,030 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Continuous Mining Machine Operators”.
Also Known As…
- Continuous Mining Machine Operators
- Miner Operator
- Mine Utility Operator
- Mine Technician
- Loader Operator
- Heavy Equipment Operator
- Continuous Mining Operator (CMO)
- Continuous Mining Machine Operator
- Continuous Miner Operator (CMO)
- Continuous Miner
- Bore Miner Operator
- Wheel Loader Operator
- Shovel Operator
- Shovel Log Loader Operator
- Self-Propelled Mining Machine Operator
- Longwall Foreman
- Logging Shovel Operator
- Front End Wheel Loader Operator
- Forklift Wheel Loader
- Forklift Operator
- Excavator Operator
- Dozer Operator
- Crusher Plant Operator
- Crusher Operator
- Crusher Loader Operator
- Crusher Loader Equipment Operator
- Continuous Mining Machine Lode Miner
- Continuous Mining Machine Contract Miner
- Continuous Mining Machine Company Miner
- Continuous Mining Machine Coal Miner
- Concrete Crusher Loader Operator
Tasks for “Quarry Plant Crusher Operator”
- Move levers to raise and lower hydraulic safety bars supporting roofs above machines until other workers complete framing.
- Hang ventilation tubing and ventilation curtains to ensure that the mining face area is kept properly ventilated.
- Drive machines into position at working faces.
- Scrape or wash conveyors, using belt scrapers or belt washers, to minimize dust production.
- Check the stability of roof and rib support systems before mining face areas.
- Reposition machines to make additional holes or cuts.
- Guide and assist crews laying track and resetting supports and blocking.
- Operate mining machines to gather coal and convey it to floors or shuttle cars.
- Determine locations, boundaries, and depths of holes or channels to be cut.
- Move controls to start and regulate movement of conveyors and to start and position drill cutters or torches.
- Repair, oil, and adjust machines, and change cutting teeth, using wrenches.
- Conduct methane gas checks to ensure breathing quality of air.
- Observe and listen to equipment operation to detect binding or stoppage of tools or other equipment malfunctions.
- Install casings to prevent cave-ins.
- Apply new technologies developed to minimize the environmental impact of coal mining.
Related Technology & Tools
- Methane monitors
- Grease fittings
- Measuring tapes
- Ventilation systems
- Straight screwdrivers
- Protective ear muffs
- Grease guns
- Hydraulic jacks
- 15/16 wrenches
- Continuous mining machine remote controls
- Channel lock pliers
- Shuttle cars
- Phillips head screwdrivers
- Long handle shovels
- Adjustable hand wrenches
- Boom roof bolters
- Continuous miners
- Safety goggles
- Miner's helmets
- Hammer drills
- Safety gloves
- Belt conveyor systems
- Self-contained breathing apparatus
- Tracked bulldozers
- Fleet monitoring system software
- Hitachi ZXLink
- Leica Geosystems FMS