Will “Shovel Log Loader Operator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
54% Chance of Automation
“Shovel Log Loader Operator” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #309 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Operate self-propelled mining machines that rip coal, metal and nonmetal ores, rock, stone, or sand from the mine face and load it onto conveyors or into shuttle cars in a continuous operation.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-5041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 52,650.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 25.00
- Currently, there are 12,030 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Continuous Mining Machine Operators”.
Also Known As…
- Continuous Mining Machine Operators
- Miner Operator
- Mine Utility Operator
- Mine Technician
- Loader Operator
- Heavy Equipment Operator
- Continuous Mining Operator (CMO)
- Continuous Mining Machine Operator
- Continuous Miner Operator (CMO)
- Continuous Miner
- Bore Miner Operator
- Wheel Loader Operator
- Shovel Operator
- Self-Propelled Mining Machine Operator
- Quarry Plant Crusher Operator
- Longwall Foreman
- Logging Shovel Operator
- Front End Wheel Loader Operator
- Forklift Wheel Loader
- Forklift Operator
- Excavator Operator
- Dozer Operator
- Crusher Plant Operator
- Crusher Operator
- Crusher Loader Operator
- Crusher Loader Equipment Operator
- Continuous Mining Machine Lode Miner
- Continuous Mining Machine Contract Miner
- Continuous Mining Machine Company Miner
- Continuous Mining Machine Coal Miner
- Concrete Crusher Loader Operator
Tasks for “Shovel Log Loader Operator”
- Move controls to start and regulate movement of conveyors and to start and position drill cutters or torches.
- Check the stability of roof and rib support systems before mining face areas.
- Drive machines into position at working faces.
- Repair, oil, and adjust machines, and change cutting teeth, using wrenches.
- Hang ventilation tubing and ventilation curtains to ensure that the mining face area is kept properly ventilated.
- Reposition machines to make additional holes or cuts.
- Determine locations, boundaries, and depths of holes or channels to be cut.
- Apply new technologies developed to minimize the environmental impact of coal mining.
- Conduct methane gas checks to ensure breathing quality of air.
- Install casings to prevent cave-ins.
- Guide and assist crews laying track and resetting supports and blocking.
- Move levers to raise and lower hydraulic safety bars supporting roofs above machines until other workers complete framing.
- Operate mining machines to gather coal and convey it to floors or shuttle cars.
- Scrape or wash conveyors, using belt scrapers or belt washers, to minimize dust production.
- Observe and listen to equipment operation to detect binding or stoppage of tools or other equipment malfunctions.
Related Technology & Tools
- Miner's helmets
- Grease fittings
- Continuous mining machine remote controls
- Hammer drills
- Straight screwdrivers
- Methane monitors
- Safety gloves
- Hydraulic jacks
- Long handle shovels
- Tracked bulldozers
- Safety goggles
- 15/16 wrenches
- Phillips head screwdrivers
- Grease guns
- Adjustable hand wrenches
- Belt conveyor systems
- Ventilation systems
- Measuring tapes
- Protective ear muffs
- Self-contained breathing apparatus
- Channel lock pliers
- Continuous miners
- Shuttle cars
- Boom roof bolters
- Hitachi ZXLink
- Fleet monitoring system software
- Leica Geosystems FMS