Will “Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Specialist (HMDA Specialist)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
17% Chance of Automation
“Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Specialist (HMDA Specialist)” will almost certainly not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #198 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Enforce or ensure compliance with laws and regulations governing financial and securities institutions and financial and real estate transactions. May examine, verify, or authenticate records.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-2061.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 88,940.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 42.00
- Currently, there are 49,750 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Financial Examiners”.
Also Known As…
- Financial Examiners
- Supervisory Examiner
- Senior Examiner
- Senior Capital Markets Specialist
- Principal Examiner
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Specialist (HMDA Specialist)
- Examining Officer
- Credit Union Field Examiner
- Credit Union Examiner
- Community Reinvestment Act Officer (CRA Officer)
- Bank Secrecy Act Anti-Money Laundering Officer (BSA/AML Officer)
- Treasury Analyst
- Securities Compliance Examiner
- Regulatory Analyst
- Pension Examiner
- Payroll Examiner
- Internal Auditor
- Financial Examiner
- Financial Compliance Examiner
- Director of Securities and Real Estate
- Compliance Vice President
- Compliance Specialist
- Compliance Officer
- Compliance Manager
- Compliance Director
- Compliance Analyst
- Chief Bank Examiner
- Bank Examiner
- Bank Compliance Officer
Tasks for “Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Specialist (HMDA Specialist)”
- Prepare reports, exhibits and other supporting schedules that detail an institution's safety and soundness, compliance with laws and regulations, and recommended solutions to questionable financial conditions.
- Recommend actions to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, or to protect solvency of institutions.
- Review applications for mergers, acquisitions, establishment of new institutions, acceptance in Federal Reserve System, or registration of securities sales to determine their public interest value and conformance to regulations, and recommend acceptance or rejection.
- Review balance sheets, operating income and expense accounts, and loan documentation to confirm institution assets and liabilities.
- Verify and inspect cash reserves, assigned collateral, and bank-owned securities to check internal control procedures.
- Direct and participate in formal and informal meetings with bank directors, trustees, senior management, counsels, outside accountants and consultants to gather information and discuss findings.
- Confer with officials of real estate, securities, or financial institution industries to exchange views and discuss issues or pending cases.
- Investigate activities of institutions to enforce laws and regulations and to ensure legality of transactions and operations or financial solvency.
- Examine the minutes of meetings of directors, stockholders and committees to investigate the specific authority extended at various levels of management.
- Resolve problems concerning the overall financial integrity of banking institutions including loan investment portfolios, capital, earnings, and specific or large troubled accounts.
- Evaluate data processing applications for institutions under examination to develop recommendations for coordinating existing systems with examination procedures.
- Review and analyze new, proposed, or revised laws, regulations, policies, and procedures to interpret their meaning and determine their impact.
- Review audit reports of internal and external auditors to monitor adequacy of scope of reports or to discover specific weaknesses in internal routines.
- Establish guidelines for procedures and policies that comply with new and revised regulations and direct their implementation.
- Train other examiners in the financial examination process.
- Provide regulatory compliance training to employees.
- Plan, supervise, and review work of assigned subordinates.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Notebook computers
- 10-key calculators
- Personal computers
- Web browser software
- Oversight Insights On Demand
- ACL Analytics
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- PricewaterhouseCoopers TeamMate
- System for Electronic Rate and Form Filing SERFF
- Financial transaction analysis software
- NILS INSource
- Presentation software
- ODEN Insurance Services State Rules & Regulations
- Microsoft Project
- Investigation management software
- Auditing software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Access
- Spreadsheet software
- General Examination System GENESYS
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Financial compliance software
- Structured query language SQL
- Word processing software
- Microsoft Word