Will “Chemical Recovery Operator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Chemical Recovery Operator” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #396 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Load and unload chemicals and bulk solids, such as coal, sand, and grain into or from tank cars, trucks, or ships using material moving equipment. May perform a variety of other tasks relating to shipment of products. May gauge or sample shipping tanks and test them for leaks.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 53-7121.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,590.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 10,920 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Tank Car, Truck, and Ship Loaders”.
Also Known As…
- Tank Car, Truck, and Ship Loaders
- Warehouse Man
- Shipping and Receiving Operator
- PVC Loader (Polyvinyl Chloride Loader)
- Loader Operator
- Load Out Person
- Chemical Recovery Operator
- Bulk Tank Car Unloader
- Yard Person
- Truck Unloader
- Truck Loader
- Tank Truck Loader
- Tank Car Loader
- Steel Loader
- Spout Tender
- Ships or Barges Loader
- Ship Unloader
- Receiving Operator
- Rail Loader
- Rail Car Unloader
- Rail Car Loader
- PVC Monitor (Polyvinyl Chloride Monitor)
- Pumper-Gauger Apprentice
- Dock Loader
- Coal Dumping Equipment Operator
- Caustics Loader
- Barge Loader
Tasks for “Chemical Recovery Operator”
- Record operating data such as products and quantities pumped, gauge readings, and operating times, manually or using computers.
- Operate industrial trucks, tractors, loaders and other equipment to transport materials to and from transportation vehicles and loading docks, and to store and retrieve materials in warehouses.
- Check conditions and weights of vessels to ensure cleanliness and compliance with loading procedures.
- Operate ship loading and unloading equipment, conveyors, hoists, and other specialized material handling equipment such as railroad tank car unloading equipment.
- Perform general warehouse activities, such as opening containers and crates, filling warehouse orders, assisting in taking inventory, and weighing and checking materials.
- Monitor product movement to and from storage tanks, coordinating activities with other workers to ensure constant product flow.
- Lower gauge rods into tanks or read meters to verify contents, temperatures, and volumes of liquid loads.
- Remove and replace tank car dome caps, or direct other workers in their removal and replacement.
- Verify tank car, barge, or truck load numbers to ensure car placement accuracy based on written or verbal instructions.
- Copy and attach load specifications to loaded tanks.
- Test samples for specific gravity, using hydrometers, or send samples to laboratories for testing.
- Start pumps and adjust valves or cables to regulate the flow of products to vessels, using knowledge of loading procedures.
- Observe positions of cars passing loading spouts, and swing spouts into the correct positions at the appropriate times.
- Test vessels for leaks, damage, and defects, and repair or replace defective parts as necessary.
- Operate conveyors and equipment to transfer grain or other materials from transportation vehicles.
- Unload cars containing liquids by connecting hoses to outlet plugs and pumping compressed air into cars to force liquids into storage tanks.
- Seal outlet valves on tank cars, barges, and trucks.
- Clean interiors of tank cars or tank trucks, using mechanical spray nozzles.
- Connect ground cables to carry off static electricity when unloading tanker cars.
Related Technology & Tools
- Wheeled front end loaders
- Loading scales
- Reach trucks
- Conveyor belt systems
- Mechanical spray nozzles
- Protective respirators
- Walk behind pallet jacks
- Tablet computers
- Electric hoists
- Warehouse forklifts
- Riding pallet jacks
- Computer laser printers
- Digital hydrometers
- Personal computers
- Skid steers
- Stock pickers
- Mobile shiploaders
- CompuWeigh GMS
- Microsoft Excel
- Data entry software
- Distributed control system DCS