Will “Distance Education Faculty Liaison” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Coordinate day-to-day operations of distance learning programs and schedule courses.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 11-9039.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Distance Learning Coordinators”.
Also Known As…
- Distance Learning Coordinators
- Program Facilitation Director for Distance Learning
- Online Facilitator
- Head of Academic Technology
- Distance Learning Unit Leader
- Distance Learning Technician
- Distance Learning Coordinator
- Director of Distance Learning
- Coordinator of Online Programs
- Chief Learning Officer
- Student Outreach Coordinator
- Service Learning Coordinator
- Online Program Coordinator
- Learning Coordinator
- Learning and Development Consultant
- Learning Administrator
- E-Learning Coordinator
- Distance Learning Program Coordinator
- Distance Learning Administrator
- Distance Education Faculty Liaison
- Distance Education Director
- Distance Education Development Coordinator
- Distance Education Coordinator
- Development Coordinator
Tasks for “Distance Education Faculty Liaison”
- Direct and support the technical operation of distance learning classrooms or equipment.
- Communicate technical or marketing information about distance learning via podcasts, webinars, and other technologies.
- Train instructors and distance learning staff in the use or support of distance learning applications, such as course management software.
- Monitor technological developments in distance learning for technological means to educational or outreach goals.
- Write and submit grant applications or proposals to secure funding for distance learning programs.
- Analyze data to assess distance learning program status or to inform decisions for distance learning programs.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of distance learning programs in promoting knowledge or skill acquisition.
- Communicate to faculty, students, or other users availability of, or changes to, distance learning courses or materials, programs, services, or applications.
- Negotiate with academic units or instructors and vendors to ensure cost-effective and high-quality distance learning programs, services, or courses.
- Assess distance-learning technological or educational needs and goals.
- Create and maintain web sites or databases that support distance learning programs.
- Prepare reports summarizing distance learning statistical data or describing distance learning program objectives and accomplishments.
- Purchase equipment or services in accordance with distance learning plans and budget constraints.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with distance learning equipment or applications.
- Select, direct, and monitor the work of vendors that provide products or services for distance learning programs.
- Review distance learning content to ensure compliance with copyright, licensing, or other requirements.
- Develop distance learning program goals or plans, including equipment replacement, quality assurance, or course offering plans.
- Supervise distance learning support staff.
- Develop or provide technical resources, such as course management and videoconferencing systems, networking, and webcasting, for distance learning programs.
- Prepare and distribute schedules of distance learning resources, such as course offerings, classrooms, laboratories, equipment, and web sites.
- Provide technical or logistical support to users of distance learning classrooms, equipment, web sites, or services.
- Conduct inventories of distance learning equipment, summarizing equipment usage data.
- Prepare and manage distance learning program budgets.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laser facsimile machines
- Laptop computers
- Teleconferencing equipment
- Personal computers
- Digital video disk DVD players
- Webinar equipment
- Oracle Java
- Oracle PeopleSoft
- Web browser software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Podcasting software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Extensible markup language XML
- Adobe Systems Adobe Connect
- Articulate Storyline
- Microsoft Outlook
- Campus Cruiser LMS
- Cisco Systems WebEx
- Adobe Systems Adobe Flash
- Videoconferencing software
- Microsoft Excel
- Web conferencing software
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Systems Adobe Creative Suite
- RISC Virtual Training Assistant
- Instructure Canvas
- Hypertext markup language HTML
- Microsoft Publisher
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Access