Will “Casting Coordinator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Audition and interview performers to select most appropriate talent for parts in stage, television, radio, or motion picture productions.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 27-2012.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Talent Directors”.
Also Known As…
- Talent Directors
- Extras Casting Director
- Casting Director
- Casting Associate
- Casting Assistant
- Casting Agent
- Artistic Director
- Artistic Associate
- Talent Associate
- Talent Agent
- Production Director
- Production Coordinator
- Photo Studio Assistant
- Pageant Director
- Entertainment Agent
- Contestant Coordinator
- Casting Coordinator
- Artist and Repertoire Manager
Tasks for “Casting Coordinator”
- Maintain talent files that include information such as performers' specialties, past performances, and availability.
- Read scripts and confer with producers to determine the types and numbers of performers required for a given production.
- Attend or view productions to maintain knowledge of available actors.
- Serve as liaisons between directors, actors, and agents.
- Locate performers or extras for crowd and background scenes, and stand-ins or photo doubles for actors, by direct contact or through agents.
- Review performer information, such as photos, resumes, voice tapes, videos, and union membership, to decide whom to audition for parts.
- Hire and supervise workers who help locate people with specified attributes and talents.
- Negotiate contract agreements with performers, with agents, or between performers and agents or production companies.
- Contact agents and actors to provide notification of audition and performance opportunities and to set up audition times.
- Select performers for roles or submit lists of suitable performers to producers or directors for final selection.
- Arrange for or design screen tests or auditions for prospective performers.
- Prepare actors for auditions by providing scripts and information about roles and casting requirements.
- Audition and interview performers to match their attributes to specific roles or to increase the pool of available acting talent.
Related Technology & Tools
- Digital video cameras
- Desktop computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Digital video disk DVD players
- Tablet computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Personal computers
- Computer data input scanners
- Video content editing software
- Email software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Website development software
- Microsoft Excel
- Appointment scheduling software
- Blogging software
- Database software
- Web browser software