Will “Certified Occupational Rehabilitation Aide (CORA)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
27% Chance of Automation
“Certified Occupational Rehabilitation Aide (CORA)” will almost certainly not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #231 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Under close supervision of an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant, perform only delegated, selected, or routine tasks in specific situations. These duties include preparing patient and treatment room.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-2012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 31,840.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 15.00
- Currently, there are 7,210 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Occupational Therapy Aides”.
Also Known As…
- Occupational Therapy Aides
- Restorative Coordinator
- Restorative Aide
- Rehabilitation Technician (Rehab Tech)
- Rehabilitation Services Aide
- Rehabilitation Aide (Rehab Aide)
- Occupational Therapy Technician (OT Tech)
- Occupational Therapy Aide (OT Aide)
- Direct Support Staff
- Direct Service Professional
- Therapy Tech
- Restorative, Rehab Aide
- Rehabilitation Tech
- Rehabilitation Aide/Scheduler
- Program Trainer
- Occupational Therapist Aide (OT Aide)
- Occupational Rehabilitation Aide
- Independent Living Specialist
- Direct Support Professional
- Certified Occupational Rehabilitation Aide (CORA)
Tasks for “Certified Occupational Rehabilitation Aide (CORA)”
- Encourage patients and attend to their physical needs to facilitate the attainment of therapeutic goals.
- Adjust and repair assistive devices and make adaptive changes to other equipment and to environments.
- Supervise patients in choosing and completing work assignments or arts and crafts projects.
- Manage intradepartmental infection control and equipment security.
- Accompany patients on outings, providing transportation when necessary.
- Assist occupational therapists in planning, implementing, and administering therapy programs to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance, using selected activities and special equipment.
- Transport patients to and from the occupational therapy work area.
- Instruct patients and families in work, social, and living skills, the care and use of adaptive equipment, and other skills to facilitate home and work adjustment to disability.
- Report to supervisors or therapists, verbally or in writing, on patients' progress, attitudes, attendance, and accomplishments.
- Prepare and maintain work area, materials, and equipment and maintain inventory of treatment and educational supplies.
- Assist educational specialists or clinical psychologists in administering situational or diagnostic tests to measure client's abilities or progress.
- Demonstrate therapy techniques, such as manual and creative arts and games.
- Perform clerical, administrative, and secretarial duties, such as answering phones, restocking and ordering supplies, filling out paperwork, and scheduling appointments.
- Observe patients' attendance, progress, attitudes, and accomplishments and record and maintain information in client records.
- Evaluate the living skills and capacities of physically, developmentally, or emotionally disabled clients.
Related Technology & Tools
- Punching awls
- Scooter boards
- Rehabilitation training ramps
- Wood chisels
- Adaptive cutlery
- Beading needles
- Communication boards
- Sewing machines
- Crochet hooks
- Orthopedic splints
- Leather scissors
- Knitting needles
- Therapeutic balls
- Rawhide mallets
- Hand weights
- Dressing sticks
- Lacing needles
- Desktop computers
- Rivet setters
- Rotary punches
- Latch hooks
- Sewing needles
- Braille writers
- Multi-purpose saw sets
- Transfer belts
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Augmentative communication systems
- Wheeled walkers
- Power hand sanders
- Personal computers
- Electronic medical record EMR software
- Billing software
- Microsoft Office
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- MEDITECH software
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Word
- Scheduling software