Will “Usher” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
96% Chance of Automation
“Usher” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #642 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Assist patrons at entertainment events by performing duties, such as collecting admission tickets and passes from patrons, assisting in finding seats, searching for lost articles, and locating such facilities as rest rooms and telephones.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 39-3031.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 21,740.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 10.00
- Currently, there are 117,920 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers”.
Also Known As…
- Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers
- Visitor Services Specialist
- Visitor Services Representative
- Visitor Services Associate
- Visitor Services Assistant
- Ticket Taker
- Ticket Attendant
- Lobby Attendant
- Event Staff
- Volunteer Services Specialist
- Visitor Services Technician
- Visitor Services Coordinator
- Visitor Service Assistant
- Ticket Collector
- Theater Usher
- Spot Worker
- Spot Man
- Program Attendant
- Press Box Custodian
- Official Greeter
- Museum Host/Hostess
- Lodge Attendant
- House Manager
- Head Usher
- Gate Tender
- Gate Clerk
- Gate Attendant
- Event Attendant
- Drive-in Theater Attendant
- Door Tender
- Door Captain
- Door Attendant
- Children's Attendant
- Attractions Associate
- Admittance Attendant
Tasks for “Usher”
- Verify credentials of patrons desiring entrance into press box and permit only authorized persons to enter.
- Manage inventory or sale of artist merchandise.
- Assist patrons in finding seats, lighting the way with flashlights, if necessary.
- Refuse admittance to undesirable persons or persons without tickets or passes.
- Assist patrons by giving directions to points in or outside of the facility or providing information about local attractions.
- Settle seating disputes or help solve other customer concerns.
- Examine tickets or passes to verify authenticity, using criteria such as color or date issued.
- Manage informational kiosks or displays of event signs or posters.
- Greet patrons attending entertainment events.
- Maintain order and ensure adherence to safety rules.
- Sell or collect admission tickets, passes, or facility memberships from patrons at entertainment events.
- Guide patrons to exits or provide other instructions or assistance in case of emergency.
- Lead tours and answer visitors' questions about the exhibits.
- Page individuals wanted at the box office.
- Schedule or manage staff, such as volunteer usher corps.
- Clean facilities.
- Work with others to change advertising displays.
- Give door checks to patrons who are temporarily leaving establishments.
- Distribute programs to patrons.
- Search for lost articles or for parents of lost children.
- Provide assistance with patrons' special needs, such as helping those with wheelchairs.
- Operate refreshment stands during intermission or obtain refreshments for press box patrons during performances.
- Count and record number of tickets collected.
Related Technology & Tools
- Hand-held flashlights
- Two way radios
- Fire extinguishers
- Electronic ticket scanners
- First aid kits
- Facility maps
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Ticket scanning software
- Ticket Alternative Express Entry
- Microsoft Windows Mobile