Will “Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
96% Chance of Automation
“Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #642 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Assist patrons at entertainment events by performing duties, such as collecting admission tickets and passes from patrons, assisting in finding seats, searching for lost articles, and locating such facilities as rest rooms and telephones.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 39-3031.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 21,740.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 10.00
- Currently, there are 117,920 people on this job
Also Known As…
- Visitor Services Specialist
- Visitor Services Representative
- Visitor Services Associate
- Visitor Services Assistant
- Ticket Taker
- Ticket Attendant
- Lobby Attendant
- Event Staff
- Volunteer Services Specialist
- Visitor Services Technician
- Visitor Services Coordinator
- Visitor Service Assistant
- Ticket Collector
- Theater Usher
- Spot Worker
- Spot Man
- Program Attendant
- Press Box Custodian
- Official Greeter
- Museum Host/Hostess
- Lodge Attendant
- House Manager
- Head Usher
- Gate Tender
- Gate Clerk
- Gate Attendant
- Event Attendant
- Drive-in Theater Attendant
- Door Tender
- Door Captain
- Door Attendant
- Children's Attendant
- Attractions Associate
- Admittance Attendant
Tasks for “Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers”
- Clean facilities.
- Assist patrons by giving directions to points in or outside of the facility or providing information about local attractions.
- Refuse admittance to undesirable persons or persons without tickets or passes.
- Lead tours and answer visitors' questions about the exhibits.
- Settle seating disputes or help solve other customer concerns.
- Operate refreshment stands during intermission or obtain refreshments for press box patrons during performances.
- Schedule or manage staff, such as volunteer usher corps.
- Examine tickets or passes to verify authenticity, using criteria such as color or date issued.
- Page individuals wanted at the box office.
- Manage informational kiosks or displays of event signs or posters.
- Search for lost articles or for parents of lost children.
- Provide assistance with patrons' special needs, such as helping those with wheelchairs.
- Verify credentials of patrons desiring entrance into press box and permit only authorized persons to enter.
- Guide patrons to exits or provide other instructions or assistance in case of emergency.
- Manage inventory or sale of artist merchandise.
- Assist patrons in finding seats, lighting the way with flashlights, if necessary.
- Maintain order and ensure adherence to safety rules.
- Greet patrons attending entertainment events.
- Sell or collect admission tickets, passes, or facility memberships from patrons at entertainment events.
- Distribute programs to patrons.
- Count and record number of tickets collected.
- Give door checks to patrons who are temporarily leaving establishments.
- Work with others to change advertising displays.
Related Technology & Tools
- Fire extinguishers
- Electronic ticket scanners
- First aid kits
- Two way radios
- Facility maps
- Hand-held flashlights
- Microsoft Excel
- Ticket scanning software
- Ticket Alternative Express Entry
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Windows Mobile