Will “Engineering Team Supervisor” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Assist engineers in determining the practicality of proposed product design changes and plan and carry out tests on experimental test devices or equipment for performance, durability, or efficiency.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3027.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Automotive Engineering Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Automotive Engineering Technicians
- Test Engineer
- Research Technician
- Laboratory Technician (Lab Technician)
- Engineering Team Supervisor
- Emissions Engineer
- Durability Technician
- Automotive Engineering Technician
- Auto Design Checker
Tasks for “Engineering Team Supervisor”
- Analyze test data for automotive systems, subsystems, or component parts.
- Perform or execute manual or automated tests of automotive system or component performance, efficiency, or durability.
- Fabricate new or modify existing prototype components or fixtures.
- Maintain test equipment in operational condition by performing routine maintenance or making minor repairs or adjustments as needed.
- Install equipment, such as instrumentation, test equipment, engines, or aftermarket products, to ensure proper interfaces.
- Monitor computer-controlled test equipment, according to written or verbal instructions.
- Inspect or test parts to determine nature or cause of defects or malfunctions.
- Recommend product or component design improvements, based on test data or observations.
- Set up mechanical, hydraulic, or electric test equipment in accordance with engineering specifications, standards, or test procedures.
- Analyze performance of vehicles or components that have been redesigned to increase fuel efficiency, such as camless or dual-clutch engines or alternative types of air-conditioning systems.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, work specifications, drawings, or charts.
- Test performance of vehicles that use alternative fuels, such as alcohol blends, natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas, biodiesel, nano diesel, or alternative power methods, such as solar energy or hydrogen fuel cells.
- Participate in research or testing of computerized automotive applications, such as telemetrics, intelligent transportation systems, artificial intelligence, or automatic control.
- Build instrumentation or laboratory test equipment for special purposes.
- Improve fuel efficiency by testing vehicles or components that use lighter materials, such as aluminum, magnesium alloy, or plastic.
- Document test results, using cameras, spreadsheets, documents, or other tools.
- Order new test equipment, supplies, or replacement parts.
- Recommend tests or testing conditions in accordance with designs, customer requirements, or industry standards to ensure test validity.
Related Technology & Tools
- Computer numerical controlled CNC milling machines
- Computerized numerical control CNC turning centers
- Frequency counters
- Flow benches
- Timing lights
- Force gauges
- Engine lathes
- Plasma cutters
- Crack detection equipment
- Environmental chambers
- Pin gauges
- Metal inert gas MIG welders
- Leakage testers
- Exhaust gas analyzers
- Function generators
- Vibration testers
- Electronic engine analyzers
- Compression testers
- High-vacuum tensile testing chambers
- Chassis dynamometers
- Ignition oscilloscopes
- Tungsten inert gas TIG welding equipment
- Autodesk Inventor
- Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical
- Computer aided manufacturing CAM software
- Computer aided design CAD software
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Data acquisition software
- Road simulators
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- IBM Notes
- Microsoft Word