Will “Clinical Neuropsychologist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply theories and principles of neuropsychology to diagnose and treat disorders of higher cerebral functioning.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-3039.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Neuropsychologists and Clinical Neuropsychologists”.
Also Known As…
- Neuropsychologists and Clinical Neuropsychologists
- Pediatric Neuropsychologist
- Neuropsychology Service Director
- Clinical Neuropsychologist
- Adult Neuropsychologist
Tasks for “Clinical Neuropsychologist”
- Diagnose and treat neural and psychological conditions in medical and surgical populations, such as patients with early dementing illness or chronic pain with a neurological basis.
- Diagnose and treat conditions involving injury to the central nervous system, such as cerebrovascular accidents, neoplasms, infectious or inflammatory diseases, degenerative diseases, head traumas, demyelinating diseases, and various forms of dementing illnesses.
- Provide education or counseling to individuals and families.
- Distinguish between psychogenic and neurogenic syndromes, two or more suspected etiologies of cerebral dysfunction, or between disorders involving complex seizures.
- Participate in educational programs, in-service training, or workshops to remain current in methods and techniques.
- Compare patients' progress before and after pharmacologic, surgical, or behavioral interventions.
- Write or prepare detailed clinical neuropsychological reports, using data from psychological or neuropsychological tests, self-report measures, rating scales, direct observations, or interviews.
- Diagnose and treat psychiatric populations for conditions such as somatoform disorder, dementias, and psychoses.
- Educate and supervise practicum students, psychology interns, or hospital staff.
- Diagnose and treat conditions such as chemical dependency, alcohol dependency, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) dementia, and environmental toxin exposure.
- Conduct neuropsychological evaluations such as assessments of intelligence, academic ability, attention, concentration, sensorimotor function, language, learning, and memory.
- Identify and communicate risks associated with specific neurological surgical procedures, such as epilepsy surgery.
- Design or implement rehabilitation plans for patients with cognitive dysfunction.
- Interview patients to obtain comprehensive medical histories.
- Establish neurobehavioral baseline measures for monitoring progressive cerebral disease or recovery.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, and participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in neuropsychology.
- Diagnose and treat pediatric populations for conditions such as learning disabilities with developmental or organic bases.
- Provide psychotherapy, behavior therapy, or other counseling interventions to patients with neurological disorders.
Related Technology & Tools
- Block pattern sets
- Auditory stimulation equipment
- Pocket smell tests
- Respiration measurement equipment
- Personal computers
- Laptop computers
- Visual stimulation test equipment
- Grip testing devices
- Skin conductance testing equipment
- Desktop computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Computer laser printers
- Facial electromyography equipment
- Photocopying equipment
- Wisconsin Card Sorting Test
- Scheduling software
- BrainTrain Captain's Log
- Microsoft Word
- MicroCog Assessment of Cognitive Functioning
- Database software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Conners' Continuous Performance Test II
- Email software
- Noldus Information Technology The Observer
- Automated Neuropsychological Metric Assessments Battery
- The Tova Company Test of Variables of Attention
- Behavioral Assessment and Research System BARS
- Interactive psychological evaluation software
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software
- Statistical software
- Patient electronic medical record EMR software
- Psychological testing software
- Microsoft Excel
- CogniSyst Computerized Assessment of Response Bias CARB
- BrainMetric The Category Test