Will “Clinical Neuropsychologist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply theories and principles of neuropsychology to diagnose and treat disorders of higher cerebral functioning.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-3039.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Neuropsychologists and Clinical Neuropsychologists”.
Also Known As…
- Neuropsychologists and Clinical Neuropsychologists
- Pediatric Neuropsychologist
- Neuropsychology Service Director
- Clinical Neuropsychologist
- Adult Neuropsychologist
Tasks for “Clinical Neuropsychologist”
- Design or implement rehabilitation plans for patients with cognitive dysfunction.
- Participate in educational programs, in-service training, or workshops to remain current in methods and techniques.
- Interview patients to obtain comprehensive medical histories.
- Compare patients' progress before and after pharmacologic, surgical, or behavioral interventions.
- Diagnose and treat conditions involving injury to the central nervous system, such as cerebrovascular accidents, neoplasms, infectious or inflammatory diseases, degenerative diseases, head traumas, demyelinating diseases, and various forms of dementing illnesses.
- Diagnose and treat pediatric populations for conditions such as learning disabilities with developmental or organic bases.
- Educate and supervise practicum students, psychology interns, or hospital staff.
- Provide psychotherapy, behavior therapy, or other counseling interventions to patients with neurological disorders.
- Distinguish between psychogenic and neurogenic syndromes, two or more suspected etiologies of cerebral dysfunction, or between disorders involving complex seizures.
- Provide education or counseling to individuals and families.
- Write or prepare detailed clinical neuropsychological reports, using data from psychological or neuropsychological tests, self-report measures, rating scales, direct observations, or interviews.
- Identify and communicate risks associated with specific neurological surgical procedures, such as epilepsy surgery.
- Diagnose and treat neural and psychological conditions in medical and surgical populations, such as patients with early dementing illness or chronic pain with a neurological basis.
- Conduct neuropsychological evaluations such as assessments of intelligence, academic ability, attention, concentration, sensorimotor function, language, learning, and memory.
- Establish neurobehavioral baseline measures for monitoring progressive cerebral disease or recovery.
- Diagnose and treat psychiatric populations for conditions such as somatoform disorder, dementias, and psychoses.
- Diagnose and treat conditions such as chemical dependency, alcohol dependency, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) dementia, and environmental toxin exposure.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, and participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in neuropsychology.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Photocopying equipment
- Pocket smell tests
- Desktop computers
- Wisconsin Card Sorting Test
- Grip testing devices
- Auditory stimulation equipment
- Laser facsimile machines
- Computer laser printers
- Laptop computers
- Block pattern sets
- Facial electromyography equipment
- Visual stimulation test equipment
- Skin conductance testing equipment
- Respiration measurement equipment
- Microsoft Office
- Interactive psychological evaluation software
- Statistical software
- Microsoft Word
- Database software
- MicroCog Assessment of Cognitive Functioning
- Email software
- Scheduling software
- Microsoft Excel
- Noldus Information Technology The Observer
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- BrainTrain Captain's Log
- Patient electronic medical record EMR software
- Conners' Continuous Performance Test II
- Behavioral Assessment and Research System BARS
- Automated Neuropsychological Metric Assessments Battery
- BrainMetric The Category Test
- CogniSyst Computerized Assessment of Response Bias CARB
- The Tova Company Test of Variables of Attention
- Web browser software
- Psychological testing software