Will “Neuropsychology Service Director” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply theories and principles of neuropsychology to diagnose and treat disorders of higher cerebral functioning.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-3039.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Neuropsychologists and Clinical Neuropsychologists”.
Also Known As…
- Neuropsychologists and Clinical Neuropsychologists
- Pediatric Neuropsychologist
- Neuropsychology Service Director
- Clinical Neuropsychologist
- Adult Neuropsychologist
Tasks for “Neuropsychology Service Director”
- Educate and supervise practicum students, psychology interns, or hospital staff.
- Design or implement rehabilitation plans for patients with cognitive dysfunction.
- Compare patients' progress before and after pharmacologic, surgical, or behavioral interventions.
- Provide psychotherapy, behavior therapy, or other counseling interventions to patients with neurological disorders.
- Diagnose and treat pediatric populations for conditions such as learning disabilities with developmental or organic bases.
- Write or prepare detailed clinical neuropsychological reports, using data from psychological or neuropsychological tests, self-report measures, rating scales, direct observations, or interviews.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, and participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in neuropsychology.
- Diagnose and treat conditions such as chemical dependency, alcohol dependency, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) dementia, and environmental toxin exposure.
- Distinguish between psychogenic and neurogenic syndromes, two or more suspected etiologies of cerebral dysfunction, or between disorders involving complex seizures.
- Provide education or counseling to individuals and families.
- Participate in educational programs, in-service training, or workshops to remain current in methods and techniques.
- Diagnose and treat neural and psychological conditions in medical and surgical populations, such as patients with early dementing illness or chronic pain with a neurological basis.
- Conduct neuropsychological evaluations such as assessments of intelligence, academic ability, attention, concentration, sensorimotor function, language, learning, and memory.
- Identify and communicate risks associated with specific neurological surgical procedures, such as epilepsy surgery.
- Diagnose and treat psychiatric populations for conditions such as somatoform disorder, dementias, and psychoses.
- Interview patients to obtain comprehensive medical histories.
- Diagnose and treat conditions involving injury to the central nervous system, such as cerebrovascular accidents, neoplasms, infectious or inflammatory diseases, degenerative diseases, head traumas, demyelinating diseases, and various forms of dementing illnesses.
- Establish neurobehavioral baseline measures for monitoring progressive cerebral disease or recovery.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- Personal computers
- Block pattern sets
- Skin conductance testing equipment
- Grip testing devices
- Visual stimulation test equipment
- Wisconsin Card Sorting Test
- Pocket smell tests
- Respiration measurement equipment
- Auditory stimulation equipment
- Photocopying equipment
- Facial electromyography equipment
- Computer laser printers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Desktop computers
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Word
- Email software
- Microsoft Excel
- The Tova Company Test of Variables of Attention
- Automated Neuropsychological Metric Assessments Battery
- Database software
- Microsoft Office
- Statistical software
- Behavioral Assessment and Research System BARS
- BrainTrain Captain's Log
- Psychological testing software
- MicroCog Assessment of Cognitive Functioning
- Conners' Continuous Performance Test II
- Scheduling software
- CogniSyst Computerized Assessment of Response Bias CARB
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Noldus Information Technology The Observer
- Patient electronic medical record EMR software
- Interactive psychological evaluation software
- BrainMetric The Category Test