Will “Neuropsychology Service Director” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply theories and principles of neuropsychology to diagnose and treat disorders of higher cerebral functioning.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-3039.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Neuropsychologists and Clinical Neuropsychologists”.
Also Known As…
- Neuropsychologists and Clinical Neuropsychologists
- Pediatric Neuropsychologist
- Neuropsychology Service Director
- Clinical Neuropsychologist
- Adult Neuropsychologist
Tasks for “Neuropsychology Service Director”
- Provide psychotherapy, behavior therapy, or other counseling interventions to patients with neurological disorders.
- Interview patients to obtain comprehensive medical histories.
- Educate and supervise practicum students, psychology interns, or hospital staff.
- Identify and communicate risks associated with specific neurological surgical procedures, such as epilepsy surgery.
- Participate in educational programs, in-service training, or workshops to remain current in methods and techniques.
- Diagnose and treat conditions involving injury to the central nervous system, such as cerebrovascular accidents, neoplasms, infectious or inflammatory diseases, degenerative diseases, head traumas, demyelinating diseases, and various forms of dementing illnesses.
- Diagnose and treat neural and psychological conditions in medical and surgical populations, such as patients with early dementing illness or chronic pain with a neurological basis.
- Provide education or counseling to individuals and families.
- Design or implement rehabilitation plans for patients with cognitive dysfunction.
- Diagnose and treat conditions such as chemical dependency, alcohol dependency, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) dementia, and environmental toxin exposure.
- Conduct neuropsychological evaluations such as assessments of intelligence, academic ability, attention, concentration, sensorimotor function, language, learning, and memory.
- Compare patients' progress before and after pharmacologic, surgical, or behavioral interventions.
- Write or prepare detailed clinical neuropsychological reports, using data from psychological or neuropsychological tests, self-report measures, rating scales, direct observations, or interviews.
- Establish neurobehavioral baseline measures for monitoring progressive cerebral disease or recovery.
- Distinguish between psychogenic and neurogenic syndromes, two or more suspected etiologies of cerebral dysfunction, or between disorders involving complex seizures.
- Diagnose and treat psychiatric populations for conditions such as somatoform disorder, dementias, and psychoses.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, and participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in neuropsychology.
- Diagnose and treat pediatric populations for conditions such as learning disabilities with developmental or organic bases.
Related Technology & Tools
- Photocopying equipment
- Grip testing devices
- Laptop computers
- Facial electromyography equipment
- Auditory stimulation equipment
- Pocket smell tests
- Personal computers
- Block pattern sets
- Laser facsimile machines
- Wisconsin Card Sorting Test
- Desktop computers
- Computer laser printers
- Skin conductance testing equipment
- Respiration measurement equipment
- Visual stimulation test equipment
- CogniSyst Computerized Assessment of Response Bias CARB
- The Tova Company Test of Variables of Attention
- Conners' Continuous Performance Test II
- Automated Neuropsychological Metric Assessments Battery
- Behavioral Assessment and Research System BARS
- Patient electronic medical record EMR software
- Interactive psychological evaluation software
- Microsoft Word
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Office
- Noldus Information Technology The Observer
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- BrainMetric The Category Test
- Microsoft Excel
- Email software
- Psychological testing software
- Scheduling software
- Statistical software
- MicroCog Assessment of Cognitive Functioning
- Database software
- BrainTrain Captain's Log