Will “Pediatric Neuropsychologist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply theories and principles of neuropsychology to diagnose and treat disorders of higher cerebral functioning.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-3039.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Neuropsychologists and Clinical Neuropsychologists”.
Also Known As…
- Neuropsychologists and Clinical Neuropsychologists
- Pediatric Neuropsychologist
- Neuropsychology Service Director
- Clinical Neuropsychologist
- Adult Neuropsychologist
Tasks for “Pediatric Neuropsychologist”
- Provide education or counseling to individuals and families.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, and participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in neuropsychology.
- Write or prepare detailed clinical neuropsychological reports, using data from psychological or neuropsychological tests, self-report measures, rating scales, direct observations, or interviews.
- Educate and supervise practicum students, psychology interns, or hospital staff.
- Conduct neuropsychological evaluations such as assessments of intelligence, academic ability, attention, concentration, sensorimotor function, language, learning, and memory.
- Identify and communicate risks associated with specific neurological surgical procedures, such as epilepsy surgery.
- Participate in educational programs, in-service training, or workshops to remain current in methods and techniques.
- Diagnose and treat pediatric populations for conditions such as learning disabilities with developmental or organic bases.
- Distinguish between psychogenic and neurogenic syndromes, two or more suspected etiologies of cerebral dysfunction, or between disorders involving complex seizures.
- Compare patients' progress before and after pharmacologic, surgical, or behavioral interventions.
- Establish neurobehavioral baseline measures for monitoring progressive cerebral disease or recovery.
- Diagnose and treat conditions such as chemical dependency, alcohol dependency, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) dementia, and environmental toxin exposure.
- Diagnose and treat conditions involving injury to the central nervous system, such as cerebrovascular accidents, neoplasms, infectious or inflammatory diseases, degenerative diseases, head traumas, demyelinating diseases, and various forms of dementing illnesses.
- Design or implement rehabilitation plans for patients with cognitive dysfunction.
- Diagnose and treat neural and psychological conditions in medical and surgical populations, such as patients with early dementing illness or chronic pain with a neurological basis.
- Diagnose and treat psychiatric populations for conditions such as somatoform disorder, dementias, and psychoses.
- Interview patients to obtain comprehensive medical histories.
- Provide psychotherapy, behavior therapy, or other counseling interventions to patients with neurological disorders.
Related Technology & Tools
- Block pattern sets
- Respiration measurement equipment
- Desktop computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Auditory stimulation equipment
- Grip testing devices
- Skin conductance testing equipment
- Pocket smell tests
- Visual stimulation test equipment
- Facial electromyography equipment
- Photocopying equipment
- Laptop computers
- Wisconsin Card Sorting Test
- Computer laser printers
- Personal computers
- Conners' Continuous Performance Test II
- Database software
- Statistical software
- Microsoft Office
- Psychological testing software
- Behavioral Assessment and Research System BARS
- Email software
- Noldus Information Technology The Observer
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Patient electronic medical record EMR software
- BrainMetric The Category Test
- Automated Neuropsychological Metric Assessments Battery
- Web browser software
- Interactive psychological evaluation software
- Scheduling software
- Microsoft Word
- The Tova Company Test of Variables of Attention
- Microsoft Excel
- BrainTrain Captain's Log
- CogniSyst Computerized Assessment of Response Bias CARB
- MicroCog Assessment of Cognitive Functioning