Will “Sociologist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
5.9% Chance of Automation
“Sociologist” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #145 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Study human society and social behavior by examining the groups and social institutions that people form, as well as various social, religious, political, and business organizations. May study the behavior and interaction of groups, trace their origin and growth, and analyze the influence of group activities on individual members.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 86,840.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 41.00
- Currently, there are 2,870 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Sociologists”.
Also Known As…
- Study Director
- Social Scientist
- Research Specialist
- Research Scientist
- Research Coordinator
- Research Center Director
- Research Associate
- Research and Evaluation Manager
- Research and Development Manager (R&D Manager)
- Urban Sociologist
- Social Welfare Research Worker
- Rural Sociologist
- Program Evaluator
- Policy Officer
- Policy Advisor
- Medical Sociologist
- Family Sociologist
- Evaluation Manager
- Clinical Sociologist
- Clinical Evaluator
Tasks for “Sociologist”
- Present research findings at professional meetings.
- Consult with and advise individuals such as administrators, social workers, and legislators regarding social issues and policies, as well as the implications of research findings.
- Develop problem intervention procedures, using techniques such as interviews, consultations, role playing, and participant observation of group interactions.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate methods of data collection, such as questionnaires or interviews.
- Collaborate with research workers in other disciplines.
- Prepare publications and reports containing research findings.
- Observe group interactions and role affiliations to collect data, identify problems, evaluate progress, and determine the need for additional change.
- Direct work of statistical clerks, statisticians, and others who compile and evaluate research data.
- Develop approaches to the solution of groups' problems, based on research findings in sociology and related disciplines.
- Plan and conduct research to develop and test theories about societal issues such as crime, group relations, poverty, and aging.
- Collect data about the attitudes, values, and behaviors of people in groups, using observation, interviews, and review of documents.
- Analyze and interpret data to increase the understanding of human social behavior.
- Teach sociology.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Digital audio recorders
- Computer data input scanners
- Personal computers
- Tablet computers
- Videoconferencing equipment
- Computer laser printers
- Digital video recorders
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Microsoft Visio
- Thomson Reuters EndNote
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Scientific Software International HLM
- Data entry software
- VERBI MAXQDA
- QSR International NVivo
- Qualtrics Research Suite
- Database management system DBMS
- Email software
- Web editing software
- Microsoft Project
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver
- Microsoft Excel
- Muthen & Muthen MPlus
- Scientific Software International LISREL
- Microsoft Access
- Online reference databases
- Helios TextPad
- Microsoft Word
- Circle Systems Stat/Transfer
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Publisher
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- StataCorp Stata