Will “Commercial Announcer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Commercial Announcer” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #399 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Make announcements over public address system at sporting or other public events. May act as master of ceremonies or disc jockey at weddings, parties, clubs, or other gathering places.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 27-3012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 42,740.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 20.00
- Currently, there are 8,020 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Public Address System and Other Announcers”.
Also Known As…
- Public Address System and Other Announcers
- Track Announcer
- Public Address Announcer (PA Announcer)
- Mobile Disc Jockey (Mobile DJ)
- Master of Ceremonies (MC)
- Event Host
- Disc Jockey (DJ)
- Bingo Caller
- Train Caller
- Train Announcer
- Sports Announcer
- Motion Picture Narrator
Tasks for “Commercial Announcer”
- Set up and test various equipment, including sound equipment, before each event.
- Organize team information, such as statistics and tournament records, to ensure accessibility for use during events.
- Learn to pronounce the names of players, coaches, institutional personnel, officials, and other individuals involved in an event.
- Read prepared scripts describing acts or tricks presented during performances.
- Review and announce crowd control procedures before the beginning of each event.
- Furnish information concerning plays to scoreboard operators.
- Provide running commentaries of event activities, such as play-by-play descriptions or explanations of official decisions.
- Improvise commentary on items of interest, such as background and history of an event or past records of participants.
- Preview any music intended to be broadcast over the public address system.
- Instruct and calm crowds during emergencies.
- Announce programs and player substitutions or other changes to patrons.
- Meet with event directors to review schedules and exchange information about details, such as national anthem performers and starting lineups.
- Study the layout of an event venue to be able to give accurate directions in the event of an emergency.
- Inform patrons of coming events at a specific venue.
- Select and play music appropriate for the crowd.
- Greet attendees and serve as masters of ceremonies at banquets, store openings, and other events.
Related Technology & Tools
- Microphone stands
- Wireless public address PA systems
- Tablet computer remote controls
- Graphic equalizers
- Table top multi players
- Handheld microphones
- Speaker stands
- Musical instrument digital interface MIDI sequencers
- Laptop computers
- Sound effects devices
- Loudspeaker systems
- Portable public address PA systems
- Surge protectors
- Record turntables
- Tablet computers
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Web browser software
- Website creation software
- Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol
- PreSonus Virtual StudioLive
- Graphic equalizer software
- Sports Sounds Pro
- Microsoft Office
- Native Instruments Traktor Scratch
- Atomix Productions VirtualDJ
- Microsoft Excel